Subwoofer Question

Would this sub/speaker set be good for dubstep? Don’t really know much about it as i usually use headphones, so would it be able to reach low enough frequencies??

Doesn’t look too promising tbh.

I don’t really think you get anything that most people over here would consider “proper” with that money. It really just depends on your standards.

Most “a bit above cheap laptop speaker sets” like ones in your post are okay if you just wanna feel the beat. But don’t expect the sub to make the floor shake. Even any cheap home-theater-system around 300-400 bucks makes already a big difference.

Can’t name any specific models or anything because only speakers I have are my 550€ monitors from Pioneer I bought when I was 16 and didn’t even understand why I was buying them. But judging from listening to all these budget systems my friends have, I’m pretty sure even those monitors have stronger sub, despite the fact they are supposed to be “flat” and not subby.

All the PC speakers/subs I’ve had like that suffer from rattling issues with bass heavy music because they are made cheap and have loose components. My guess is they will be okay for 1 person sitting on their computer but don’t expect to have a house party or something.
Never heard of that brand but I’m speaking of experience from similar setups of well known similarly priced computer speakers from Creative & Logitech.

Not this specific set, but I’ve had a couple of systems like these. As a matter of fact I currently use one in my bedroom, for casual listening or just chilling with a few mates they generally have enough voume, sub response depends on how much you end up spending. Something like a 30w for £15 will struggle with really low notes and distort if you turn it up, the ones you linked in theory should be able to handle bass notes a bit better but don’t expect too much and you won’t be dissapointed