System/ V.I.V.E.K

I’m in Canada, waiting for the postman to drop off. Looks like everyone’s copy is warped. How did you contact Vivek? on FB?

i used the ‘contact us’ on wearesystem, got a reply the next day which sort of sounds like it must be from vivek:

‘Yea looks like a manufacturing fuckup … I’ll have to assess the situation so I’ll be in contact .’

For the warpy smear dub repress gang, someone on fb got a reply from vivek where he said he was taking to the pressing plant about getting them re-done, so fingers crossed…

Ima just flatten mine under something heavy anyway…so potentially could end up with 3 copies of this plate lol

I don’t even care if there’s absolutely no benefit tbh, some tunes just deserve to be carved into a fukin cumbersome monolithic slab of vinyl :badteeth:

2 Likes

My theory is that mala warped all the plates. :hmm:

3 Likes

Vivek??? Meditating on MY bassweight?!?!

7 Likes

its pretty poor that he let an entire pressing go out so heavily warped…

would allow it on some random bandcamp label but viv’s been around for a bit, he surely knew about the warping before they sold them…

dubestep_vinyls_2016#

3 Likes

The only good system is my soundsystem

2 Likes

looool at least we (hopefully) get ANOTHER pressing. Maybe i’ll actually get it this time.

Savage, I was pissed that I missed the repress, but not any more lol

1 BigUp

Not sure imma cop Vivek EP just to get Rockers

2 Likes

this cracked me up big time

vinyl sound quality is more about the material than the thickness or weight AFAIK, e.g vinyl which has been recycled and turned in to a new pressing will sound worse than virgin vinyl. cleaner materials = less surface noise = louder and clearer.
not sure if you can even get a 12" pressed at the usual places on anything which isn’t virgin vinyl these days, but i’m not 100%.

180g’s just an aesthetic thing though isn’t it? i know we went for 180g on our last two because they just feel beefier. thin records are preferable when it comes to hip hop, but for everything else 150g+ is ideal IMO.

where’s bob macc when you need him

System line up

Yo sorry slept a bit on this since last time. Lost track of whats coming since my heads been in the outback for like 4 weeks straight now in and around europe…

Fucks sakkkeeeeeeeee commodo

Just got this email from System re the warped smear dub repress…

“We should have the repress to send out to you on the 15th . Thankyou for your patience”

:corndance:

3 Likes

Does that mean there will be more for sale?
I really don’t want to miss it again if there is.

Dunno if the repress of the repress will appear in shops or if it’s just for customers of the original warped repress tbh

:lebebe: