Thats a mad lineup

Has pokes never done system before?

Not iirc @CreamLord

All over that June one, boomshot fwd hands in the air etc

All the unquantized beatgrids

2 Likes

One I wanna go to would be over glasto.

Also got the new Karma bit. Record is lovely

I went. Sinai soundsystem was fucking hench.

I missed System Roots but caught most of Iration Steppas. Sounded decent but the dub/reggae side of things ainā€™t never really been my ting.

VIVEKā€™s set was mad, possibly the best set Iā€™ve ever seen him play. He was on for 2 hours. I donā€™t remember him playing a great deal of new stuff (I might be wrong, I was pretty spangled), but he played a good amount of the System back catalogue, and some classics like Ruffhouse, even dropped Goblin quite unexpectedly but brilliantly.

D:Bridge absolutely killed it as well, started with 140 then into half-time D&B. Superbly constructed set, minimal but with loads of bass pressure. Anyone who knows D-Bridge and has seen him play over the years knows heā€™s a badboy DJ and imo quite underrated.

Alix Perezā€™s set was a bit meh imo. Wasnā€™t really feeling the full-on D&B, and his halftime D&B selection while decent enough wasnā€™t a patch on D:Bridgeā€™s selection. He played a bit of 140 at the end though which were all bangers including Elephant Dub which sounded huge on that system.

All in all I had a really good night. Looking forward to that one in June though, looks heavy!

Havenā€™t been to system in awhile, might have to reach again. My Karma plate turned up yesterday.

:crying:
Edit: wait fuck I might be at a weddingā€¦ arghh

So i thought Mala had a hand in the inception of System, no? Isnā€™t mentioned besides Viv being on DeepMedi

& yea that June lineup is big.

Interesting, few nuggets in there I didnā€™t know like:

Double booking at The Dome on the first one to mean they went upstairs

Bringing in extra scoops seemed to get The Dome fucked - (mustā€™ve been the one with the mythical xtra stack @TrendyGrime ? Chefal & J5ive that one wasnā€™t it, I remember the sound going up & down at the dBridge and LAS one and some faff on the mic about the council near the end)

Mala shouldā€™ve been mentioned, idk if thatā€™s UKFs part or politics or w/e. Weird as Viv did the big shout to him at end of the last Dingwalls one. Thereā€™s a few ppl who donā€™t get massively mentioned (System Roots/Sachin/any MCs) so I expect thereā€™s been a hefty editā€¦

Exciting its going to Paris in October! I assume Bristol in September is for Tokyo Dub/World?

SYSTEM stage at Outlook would be levels, surprised that hasnā€™t happened but feel like the sweet spot for that has passed now. Mungoā€™s & the overpowering Voids do the job anyway over there.

Love trivia/speculation me

Nice Interview tho only a few new bits of "lore"
The one with 3 stacks I remember walking back to @ch3 s after it was done and they had it all on running it again and you could hear it a mile down the road. Wouldnā€™t be surprised if peoples flat windows were rattling nearby.

5 years though thatā€™s mental, Def never feels more than a couple to me for some reason and pretty interesting to see him acknowledge the smaller clubs stuff especially as Iā€™ve had conversations about it with him directly aboutā€‹ that strangling the scene as it were.

1 BigUp

Yeah 5 years in December for my first one.

Looks like Ā£15 straight rather than tier prices