Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

so yeah, the laptop has a 3G modem i wanted to switch for the SSD. The screw holding it is super tight and probably from the softest metal ever. Managed to strip it and now it’s stuck. FML

Can u cut a slot in it? Then use a flat blade screwdriver in the slot? Tricky with small screws tho…another method is to drill a small pilot hole in the screw then use a screw extractor bit to remove it

1 BigUp

yeah googled all that.
or just a friend with a proper screwdriver who isn’t afraid to apply more force in my case :slight_smile:
SSD & RAM modules are in, just need to reinstall windows and swap the platter HDD now

1 BigUp

I always dig yr SC tunes but there’s been some really interesting mutations in the sound lately. I think in conjunction with the video art there’s room for a whole (entirely worthwhile) project. Phig and you is like battle of the DSF hardware dorks and thus totally endorsement-worthy. :biggrin:

Murphy bed.

1 BigUp

reinstall windows? did you have a specific reason you didn’t want to just clone your HD to the new SSD?

Yeah, just wanted a clean install for multiple reasons.

1. the c partition on my original drive was too small, couldn’t be extended without some fuckery iirc
  2. bloat that i don’t need anymore, some came with the system, some apps i installed and don’t use anymore
  3. iLok started screwing up and crashing my DAW (maybe related to the space issue - something got corrupt?)
  4. cba with cloning shit, i’d rather have a clean environment and pull stuff i need from a backup :slight_smile:
1 BigUp

Looking for inspiration for a very small workstation - desk, monitors, mixer, laptop in like 4’x4’ area (think Hong Kong). Not particularly inspired by Ikea’s offerings tbh.

As far as monitors I was in this boat and went with the IK Multimedia iLoud speakers. They sound great.

I bought them based off of reviews and am quite satisfied. I don’t like the name but like the sound.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iLoudMicro?product_id=iLoudMicro&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping%20-%20Core&adgroup=Studio%20%26%20Recording%20-%20Studio%20Monitors&placement=google&adpos=1o1&creative=54989476081&device=c&matchtype=&network=s&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_unYuf3m1QIVTZF-Ch2OZw40EAQYASABEgJQBvD_BwE

1 BigUp

I use these in my room (well the larger version which is the exact same construction), cheap, sturdy and clean looking. The wheels are actually high quality too so its easy to move around. There is a CB2 pretty close to your pad too so you can dodge any shipping costs.

https://www.cb2.com/go-cart-carbon-rolling-desk/s490019

Its 47.5" wide so just under 4’ but def a tight fit…

I also have this behringer xenyx 1202 fx thats been sitting in my room for like 3 years without a power cable (i think a new cable is like $10-15). Will trade it to ya for a 6 pack or a few pints haha

2 Likes

Big up you two - as always, coming with great info and recommendations.

The cart and things like that are really what I’m after here - desks, vertical organization, that kind of thing. I’m sorted for monitors actually (got the little Roland near fields and biamped Mackies for the mains, plus a Mackie 1202 mixer… although I might take ya up on the Behringer as a line mixer for the hardware :thinking:).

In short, getting a little real estate back in my apartment and want to make the most of it ergonomically.

My setup, very minimal

Benchmark DAC1 feeding Sennheiser HD600’s & HD25’s
All processing inboard (as you can see!)

3 Likes

Here’s where I make music

I have an Elektron addiction :no_mouth:

14 Likes

are those two monomachines? don’t think i noticed you had those last time i was over

Knobgoblin’s setup is a wet dream. There’s stuff not shown here that’d make your eyes pop…

So: my space has a sort of closet space I think I’ll be parking in. No doors, kind of an “L” shape. In the deeper section of the “L” will be a rolling armoire/wardrobe ting for the clothes.

This is what I’m talking about:

The closet to the upper left is full of power tools and stuff so not ava. atm.

I’m leaning toward one of those leaning ladder desks rn… I could make one of these pretty easily, customized even - monitor stands off the sidebars or sth.

2 Likes

Yup. I picked up a mkll when I came back from Sweden as a backup for my old one. My mkl is pretty beat up. Many many shows played with it. It’s had beer spilled on it and been through a sandstorm :cowboy_hat_face:
I started worrying about it’s condition and what I what I’d do without it :neutral_face:.

2 Likes

You mean like this?:clown_face:

3 Likes

Patchp0rn. :cool:

1 BigUp

:question:

will always remember the time we were over and you’d just re-wired the studio: the look on you and your brother’s face as you looked at the patchbay diagram you’d printed out

1 BigUp