Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

I have the black Russian Big Muff. It sounds great on bass and I mean electric bass by that. I should try it on my productions, I need to pick up a DI box or a re-amp box.

soundgarden soundgarden soundgarden

2 Likes

the xone way

Roland Quad Capture
Mackie MR5 MK2
isoacoustics monitor stands
Novation Launchkey (want to replace it with the Roland A49 or something like that)
Ableton Suite + Push
Subpac :corndance:

Not shown:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
AKG K240 Mk1

I’ll hopefully be able to add a Sub 37 to this setup during the summer.

4 Likes

U today something cool happened and I got some money so I’m gonna get my self a couple of mics and a RNC . in September I will post a piccie of my tiny home studio

2 Likes

Looking forward to that

im getting a camera just for this thread

particularly because Ive finnaly done what im always telling people to do and moved the monitors into the centre of the room so they have some breathing space and dont hit me back with bass immeatz

its flameretarded how much of a difference it makes when they arent next to a wall, brehbruhs

but yeah totes ruined the rest of the room - one big pile of non peng shui lol

I’d love to see ur et up hubb. I heard they don’t get any better after being like 30cm from the wall? Not sure how true that is

1 BigUp

Dont trust something you read on the net but trust :mrgreen:

(i think my monitors might be a tick too big for this room which possibly adds to it all tho)

its more a feeling (and i should probably have a hippie warning sticker for when we talk technical stuff

I heard it from an engineer IRL but ypu never know til u try it like u say.

15 Likes

^Besides all the obvious cool stuff there, that Thompson for Sheriff poster is the tits.

1 BigUp

I’m sure Wub would have approved!

2 Likes

A sick room man. Looks like mad vibes.

1 BigUp

Likeing the early Metalheadz releases poster,
I’d be careful with filling up that Expedit 4X4 though :0

1 BigUp

I have a Casio keyboard that can be a midi, 3 guitars and a bass, an audio interface for recording guitars and vocals, and a mic, all that plus my crappy laptop. The lil bastard can barely handle 30 tracks, sometimes even less depending on how many effects I put into a certain track. It lags so bad even If I flatten some of my midi tracks into audio.

And my sennheisser headphones always losses its right ear after a year -__________- , even though I took great care of them.

I don’t want to be that needy person but I really need a new setup. Any Suggestions guys?

You sound like u have most of what u need except u need new headphones. Do you record guitars straight in? Maybe invest in a nice dynamic mic for electric or an at2020 for acoustic?

Guys BTW I have a question. If I end up buying the fmr RNC what would be the best way to implement it. I realised I can’t record through it becuase it has no phantom so I’d only be able to do so with a dynamic. I also realised with my Scarlett 2i2 I have no insert points. Is this something I should just sack off?

Nvm I’ll use an insert splitter lead from the head phones out then two t/s cables to the units on the interface

dammit :corndance:

Okay new plan. My boss said he’d give me a dbx 163a if I paint some walls for him so I’ll just use that. Works as a di box too. Bum frills

2 Likes