Classic "Take a Photo of Your Set-Up" dj playmobiledisco

I even took the pics with an expensive camera.

Yours is more of a serial killer vibe, not really ghetto.
I feel like my folder of stab samples is very different from yours for example.

7 Likes

hahaha

stabbing is entry level, padawan

better fully skewer shiz inna mix !

literally just a laptop, headphones and a drum kit

2 Likes

So you play drums then?

I did at one point when I used to be serious about drumming, now I use it now and again.

See, that’s cool. I’m a bass player.

There seems to be few musicians that moved to production on here. Do you ever incorporate your drums into your productions? If you just have a laptop and headphones that might be a bit hard. You need some mics and ting.

Nah I get inspiration of my drum beats from playing around on the drum kit.

how you digging that focusrite now that you’ve had it for a bit? any qualms?

its looking just about perfect for my price point/needs rn

also, what desk is that? looks peng

I’ve played drums and guitar for a few years as well. It helps now that I’m working with
musicians. There’s no way I could play an acoustic kit in my current apartment though.
Miking it up in a bedroom studio is the engineer’s nightmare :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

its excellent. have not had a single issue with it since i bought it thus far. everything just works, everything from ableton to mixer and mics has been str8 plug n play. not one driver crash in weeks. sounds awesome and feels like a huge improvement over my last soundcard.

Theres a cool soft mixer and full suite of plugins free with it that are cool. compressors and eq etc. and you get novation bass station full as well.

Desk is made by yorkville and cost like 200$ CAD from long & mcquade; well worth it if you are starting your rack and want a good compact ergonomic desk.

1 BigUp

home

studio (analog rhytm missing on this pic)

8 Likes

Where I spend most of my time away from work. Roland sh201 not pictured

5 Likes

I have the same Ikea shelf as you except I added 6" metal legs to it to make it higher.

yeah, pretty standard dj furniture i think :wink:
it is not quite high enough for me though,so i might look into something like what you have done.

whats in the rack?

18 CAD for a pack of 4 Ikea standard legs, pull up the “Gearing up the living room” thread I put up weeks ago in SNH, all the model numbers and such are thedre.

1 BigUp

Don’t really like the way it looks with the legs on the bottom, also all that weight is not going to do a lot of good for the floor or your expidid. All that weight focused on 6 or 8 ponits is not good.
Get a seperate top peice with the 6 or 8 legs underneath that on top of the expidit.
It looks far better and you get storage at arms length under the decks.

Trying to upload a picture to show you what I mean but it aint working. Ffs someone help

Mmmm…I see Elektron…<3