The Original Growl Bass Thread (Official)

dopeee video ST4RBUCK is the man :smiley:

Dude I would kill to know how he made the main bass in that dropā€¦

hey men dope sounds! could you share some tips for stuff like that ? and how do you get your stuff so punchy ?

this is soooo true man !

Thereā€™s no such thing as ā€˜perfect bass.ā€™

Well i donā€™t personally think that itā€™s a huge secret to first design an good growl bass for example or something and then not telling how it is doneā€¦ Of course in a way this world (sadly) goes sometimes so that every man is for himself and if someone were to show too much stuff how everything is done or something, that person wouldnā€™t have anything to show for (so to speak) or gain unless itā€™s the lesson that is shown itself, which could be a jobish type of thingy or something. But still free information is best information as in if the teacher were to not gain anything from the information except only helping others. But still we live in a world on where living costs money and money ainā€™t growing on trees to pick just up so itā€™s puzzling.

So still i almost kind of agree about not sharing everything at least for example with my current situation (barely can live let alone live happily) but then again notā€¦ as in i have a smallish dream of being a professional music producer and seriously if everyone could do exactly the same as me could i succeed in it ever? But then again maybe itā€™s not about that but rather truly just producing quality music all and all whether or not someone else has made similar stuff already or itā€™s somehow ā€œspecialā€ style. Although some amount of own innovation wonā€™t do any harm because copying too much is more than boring to even produce IF itā€™s not at all for own taste in music and if itā€™s not directly an remake of some track the producer likes.

Manā€¦ been working on the Spinninā€™R remix contest track nonstop quite a while now, Starting to fill up quite nicely, Only used Vocals from the original even though the .rar file (stemsā€¦ never heard of such before until i googled it) they provided did have several other separate audio files from the original as well . Rather dubsteppy brostep orchestral combifuckingwhatsgoingonnation. Them growls, leads and basses arenā€™t super easy to design and fit into the track along side with everything else and the chords and notes donā€™t come automatically as it includes a lot of just testing out

reallly quirky but I did it

I havenā€™t been doing anything music related lately, Well not much. Got bullied into using ableton and fuck me this happened by accident. Rate the growl lads https://clyp.it/2qhgjh3l

ok have a shitty growl fam: https://clyp.it/saftcvbw

Just gonna leave this Dan Larson Zomboy growl tutorial right here :wink:

1 BigUp

random morning stuff

jo does anyone have even the slightes Idea on how to make the main bass in this (I know it is not a traditional growl, altough I think there are maybe the same things happening): https://soundcloud.com/getterofficial/febreze

He didnā€™t make them, he was wondering how to make them.

this is probably waaaayyy off, but it sounds like some iteration of a generic yoy bass with multiple voices that are spread out. Like I said tho, probably way off but at a first listen thatā€™s what immediately comes to mind

Hey guys is there a way to put a formant filter on a sample?

You can do it with resonant bell peaks or high/lowpass filters, or get a formant filter like bifilter.