Tuna - The Legend Continues

glad to see you around again m8, will feedback soon as i can!

@cyclopian
very lofi but nice 0.44 like this longer vocal sample. haha dig this with the acapella so wierd though bit like amon tobin two finger but different not like a copy or sth just a vip i got
bass is real nice i personally would cut through with some big drums at the main drop (or atleast try haha)
like maybe big long clap and a dist bassdrum or some hip hop kickdrum but it works with the break well too
if a bigger name would have made that people would go apeshit haha
maybe tiny bit more stereo but i am only headphone listener so dont trust me either haha
love this short break at the end some real scratching would be real tight dunno if you have a turntable or sth but in the end when the kinda sratch sounds comes some real scratching would be ultra cool
btw is the hard bass another tune or your own sounds tight

@Jizz
i like the deep sub
very spare beat but works reminds me of isan again haha the drums you used
deep synths nice maybe some sharp highs on the bells but has a nice idm vibe i am not sure about the early drum part anymore cause it could easily be a melodic piece too or drums just at the end
some lorn vibe later on :slightly_smiling: hm yeah honestly i (personaly) wouldnt bring the drums so early
although maybe in context you could make a little story or sth short video :confused:

@faultier
really dig the remix so far sounds close to finished maybe if i can finish mine we can make a mini ep or sth but now yours is better than mine haha :slightly_smiling: but yeah real nice i dig the sub you added i think right? works nice
and the shuffle beat

@Samuel_L_Damnson
its a bit straightforwards i like the wierd main melody but maybe you need more like that too make it really work?
or maybe put the melody way back like filtered just moving around like the fx sounds?

@nowaysj
oh yeah like the arp right away
haha very happy sound reminds me of old gameboy games or japanese stuff in general (in a good way)
yeah nothing to say its def more “enjoyable” than some of your older tunes haha definitly could see this work in different occasions (weddings etc.) haha no like yeah a game or commercial definitly

@cyclopian yo i reckon the kick could be sampled from the original, cos that kick is a maad one. the groove is really nice. maybe some simple modulations on the midrange? oldskool wobs meets oldskool hiphop like. tbh you could even forget about tryna keep the whole acapella going, instead just get the best bits. great how the beat dies at the daughters bit, and the hook (no idea if that was intentional haha). last 16 is very nice

@BudSpencertron emotional fam. maybe some more processing to make the elements cut into each other more? feels like a track that should have like 0 attack all around haha. betray the attack m8. arrangement wise i feel this is nearly there already. maybe something like white noise toward the end, but it works just as well right now.

@faultier really nice. progression, groove, got the whole thing. its hard to feedback on your tracks haha, they’re usually there already. the melody is so nice though, that you could even take out the beat for a longer time and make some progress based off just the lead and some chords you could come up with

@Samuel_L_Damnson mate, i have no idea what to say. more beats!

@nowaysj wow. very happy. maybe some played in rhythms, instead of 4/4 all the way through? sounds like youve found something uplifting about horizontal snow, must be some crazy sight

got tunas for me? send me your tunas

Will miss you man, hope life keeps treating ya right!

Fuck you, you’re one of the reasons I left. Don’t talk to me.

bit harsh dude.

i guess we’re not having tuna this week then? :nogunfinger:

yeah got nothing this week :confused:
next week :relieved:

Guys soz, I’m gonna do feedback tonight I’ve been mad busy this week

@cyclopian

Sounds really sick, i think your kick coud maybe be a litte longer if that makes sense, it would mae it feel heavier, other than that everything else sounds really sick and raw. bassline sounds great too!

@Jizz

okay, my whole house is vibrating really sick sounding sub, i really like the minimalism of this piece, and it would really suit someone spitting on it. around the 2:40 mark it reminds e of eskmo a bit, really nice sounds. when the drums come back in it would be cool to hear a few more drum elements maybe :).

@BudSpencertron

Wow i always fangirl of your vocal work but you always get the processing bang on. really like the little breaky drum flll as well. Got literally nothing to add to this one, just sounds really nice. Second drop goes really hard too. The overall vibe is right i think and the mixdown sounds really cool.

@faultier

I really like the chimey synth (hang drum?) sounds really warm and lush. also really digging your shuffle on the drums. propper nice. Not really got much to add to this one either a i think adding more things might kill the overall feel of the track. I really like the feel of the beat when it slows down towards the end too. it makes it feel like the song is running out of energy and dying out in the corner… cool

track here
grime edit

hey m8, we all send tunes to @faultier and he posts up everyone’s tunes on saturdays.

to everyone else, soo sorry about my lack of feedback from last week, been on a hectic schedule b2b booze bender. Last minute dash to get this 7" ready for pressing by next monday. Artworking, mastering, pressing plants etc etc

1 BigUp

Who you got mastering it m8?

@knobgoblin izotope ozone 3 multiband comprezz b2b ablton limiting

jk, don like Egoless doing some post-processing (running the wavs to 1/2" tape and through his console) then I’ve got a guy who does great work that is directly involved with the pressing plant.

1 BigUp

Made me lol.

Rad,what pressing plant are you using?

im going with Mobineko, which is really just a middle man of sorts with GZ. Allows me to get a faster turnaround and much smaller run than would be possible if i went direct to GZ.

@BudSpencertron @cyclopian @Jizz @Samuel_L_Damnson @hubb @zosomagik

tuna or not tuna?

yeah i got one

I’ll send u it in like a few hours when I’m at my computer! :wink: