Tuna - The Legend Continues

FEEDBABL

@Jizz
very fucked up lol hard to give feedback mix wise maybe some room in the upper highs but maybe thats not your goal
cant pinpoint where you could let this one shine haha maybe as an interlude or sth :slight_smile:

@Samuel_L_Damnson
nice start very warm realistic sounds
drop is nice but the trap snare maybe too quiet tiny bit
but the plucks and clippy snap sounds work nice
you need drake or sth over this haha
maybe steal sth like a drake weeknd acapella and put short voclas or phrases in it to give some more depth

@faultier
nice start too
i think the sounds have to hit harder the distorted bassdrum at the start
ahs to be like overwhelming lorn style ahah like BUMMM
sthhh
haha
but its a cool setup just maybe raise the hardness of the sounds to give it an intense expierence i struggle with it too like the right amount of in your face vers just bad mix but when its perfect than it adds to the idea

big up your self. im gonna attempt to have this one and a couple others done by the end of the month, thats practically warp speed for me hahahahah.

FB:

@Jizz

This is crazy, indeed very raw. kind of reminds me of samiyam, i would probably just continue this one as you are. its sounds really mad. maybe a lie lead synth could come in after a while playing something high up on the keyboard? yea nice work tho :wink:

@faultier I listened to this one the other night and nearly went west. really interesting and heavy beat. i feel like perhaps u could get away with marginally more sub bass but tbh i really like this one as it is. one thing i would maybe add is something in the intro just to fill in the gaps, even if its just a field recording real low in the mix or something.

Verrry nice tune tho

@BudSpencertron

Very heavy also. feel like i submitted the wrong shit this week!
really like the grimey feel with the super saw synths on top later on in the tune, you havent gone down the wimpy grime route which is nice. normally i would be like ffs eski clicks but you have made really nice use of em.

theres a bit where the breathy synth choir-ish thing comes in where it sounds slightly too loud compared to everything else. that might be worth checking again (it could be my headphones tho)

big up everyone!

can you maybe tell the minute :confused:
and wanted to remind maybe stems (if you find time cause i got a few free days :slight_smile: )

Ahh shit yea. I can send u some today for ghatam. However its only still like a minute long. Although I suppose u can still get stuff put down using those stems

Iā€™m on my phone ATM so I canā€™t scroll thru the tune and tell u what time for some shit reason. But its just like a couple of the nots stick out. Not sure if compression would even help, perhaps that particular synth is just slightly too loud or has too many mid (800 wish ) frequencies

you mean the one starting later like the vocal one or the trance one earlier ?
would be cool if you maybe later pinpoint the moments i cant hear it anymore listened too often to it

and thanks yeah would be cool regardless even if its just a minute atm

The vocal sounding one not the trance one. Iā€™ll get on my PC when Iā€™m sorting the stems and listen on my big speakers which tend to be a bit more truthful hah.

I listned on my onitors and it sounds fine, maybe my headphones resonate at that frequency or s.t. ill work on these stems in a sec

thx yeah those are actual vocals lol cutted diplo style but yeah maybe i a b than with some dif headphones

wow thats mad it sounds like a choir synth!
ill send u these stems now :wink:

1 BigUp

@Samuel_L_Damnson smooth number. could try gliding the notes, giving the smoothness a more natural feel. yeah just heard the lead glide around, v nice. imo, resample all the stems and do a new version, might come out sounding smooth yet different. this one smooth, but is also sounding really familiar, you know

@faultier harmonics are well nice. reckon the percussion could bang more though. might even benefit from going ambient, cos the atmosphere is very nice. the idea for the drums are nice, but atm sounding indecisive. like it doesnt quite get machinist, but isnt bright and airy either. maybe what u were intending tho

@BudSpencertron drums are very nice. reckon it would sound better without the lead repetitive sound. gets so good around 54 secs, when that lead is muted. the more atmospheric sound is great. fun switchup, could definitely do more with this section though im not exactly sure whatā€¦ lead is interesting here, much better than in the first section

1 BigUp

Holyshit the tuna lives on???:0
Damn I think I might just jump back in once I get internet running back at home this month,bored at work,remembered about how tuna helped me produce a finished track in a week,didnā€™t think it was still running whereā€™s nowaysj?

3 Likes

Nowaysj is gone unfortunately :(. Tuna live on tho like his legacy

1 BigUp

Craaaazy:( well Iā€™ll throw in a tune soon hope to contribute often

1 BigUp

made some dummy shit tonight with Tuna in mind :slight_smile: I stepped out of ā€˜berlinā€™ back to my old self hehe

1 BigUp

cant wait to hear.
ive been doing sample pack contest but i have something half finihsed from monday/tuesday

send to @faultier
hes our tuna curator at the moment

1 BigUp

Awesome for sure thank you!

apologies for the late tunapost, was away for the wkd and for some reason couldnt login to dsf yesterday

slyclopian
https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/110-v2/s-gMXc0

utah jizz
https://soundcloud.com/relka/050516a-1/s-tKvg5

globetrottin goblin

towel sof

@Jizz damn sick vibes on this. The super ā€˜muddyā€™ bass seems like a design choice, but it makes the tune a bit uncomfortable for me. Maybe its just a bit too loud? Also i think some hats at some sections could be sick but i do enjoy the sparseness of the perc.

@knobgoblin loving this one. Two things kinda stick out for me. I can tell its a live jam thing but I think more of an intro would really add some tension and impact to the tune. Secondly, things start to get a bit cluttered near the end of the tune to my ears at least. Kinda thinking with a more refined structure you wouldnt really need to add those extra elements to maintain interest/tension.

@Tolsof think you might need to dial in some of the effects a little, seems to be way too much reverb and delay, i understand youā€™re trying to go for that ā€˜cavernousā€™ feel but right now all the effects are flattening the tune. Its all about contrast imo dry vs wet sounds. If it were me, Iā€™d delete the hi hats out of the intro too. The introā€™s sound design is really sick and tensiony, I think the hats kinda take away from that a bit. Overall though, sick vibes on this, just being held back by some technical tings at the moment.

@faultier way too minimal, wheres the drop? thanks for running the tuna vibes tho m8y, big ups
and p.s for anyone that mightā€™ve missed it faultym8 did a great guest mix for my radio show last week, his thing starts on the top of the 2nd hour and its v nice. Its gonna get replaced by the new show tomo, so get on it if you havent already.

https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/subtle_cyclopian