What dubstep tune are yo'ur chakras feeling today

It amazes me how many people from abroad report not seeing turntables in clubs anymore. I’ve never been in a club in Switzerland that wouldn’t have TTs on board. Never. And there’s still many people playing vinyl; especially in the (deep) house & 'nuum scenes.

4 Likes

honestly the truth weh dem a do edit is decent (i’d be hard pressed to call it a remix tbh), at least the clips that i’ve heard. but agreed on dem a talk, all versions, just find it dry.

They put this up as a free dl last night

1 BigUp

Turns out it was this one i was thinking of

just urghhh

3 Likes

This is a good one. Also very funny. Enjoy!

I was always wondering if people listening to Savant bought into his “I’m a genius!!” story and if it made them feel any better about themselves.

So, do you? Does it?

1 BigUp

Nah not because he says stuff like that, but I really like his work. I think it’s a complete different approach of making electronic music than what most artists do. And that’s what makes him original. Listening to music or making music is not about showing how genius you are or about making yourself believe that you are ‘‘smarter’’ or ‘‘better’’ than someone else. Sometimes you hear some tunes that really catches your attention and you enjoy it. That’s what it’s about right? And actually, he can be proud of his productions because they are very tight. But you cannot place one artist above the other. Thats just a matter of your taste of music.

And besides that, I think it’s great to see that someone uses his autism for goals like this. A lot of people think that people with autism are just a bunch of idiots. But he shows the fact that it can be a very usefull ability. Thats just awesome :slight_smile:

I can’t say I’m familiar with savant so I just had a quick skim through the tune you posted and the first one that came up on youtube search. But I’m curious as to what exactly is different about his approach to electronic music? Genuine question

The best way to describe it, is that he is more like an EDM orchestra than an EDM producer to me. His arrangement can be very different than most tracks I heard. He tells a story with his music and his album. From the beginning to the end. This is a good example:

Listen to the arrangement and all the details. I like that stuff!

O lol I didn’t reply the post

fair enough, not really my kinda thing but big up anyway.

btw what’s this bongo or whatever that I keep hearing, like Cyrus has used it, Mala. Sounds sick but this is like the 4th tune I can think of that has it

1 BigUp

The drums in Stargate sound more like tom drums. Like a drum roll. But it has a different purpose than the drum sounds in this track. The drums in Stargate are a kind of strategy for building up tention. In this track, its a more carrying sound for the whole song if you know what I mean.

you on about the track I posted?

Yeah on the track that you replied to me