What dubstep tune are yo'ur chakras feeling today

4 Likes

I feel like emalkwy and 16bit were CIA plants

Their shit was so so well curated in terms of what was happening in the rave screen at that time as also still mindblowingly good production in 2020s and how did they do that? Itā€™s honestly kinda sketchy lol

I get the dnb expats like Nero and nosia but some of those early brosteppersā€¦.I really donā€™t get it

I still remember hearing frzr9000 out in a club and feeling like we were on the precipice of something new, had no idea it would shortly be something awful

4 Likes

And I thought butters was paranoid lol. Such a weird take bro.

Shit was way progressive in more scenes than dubstep in 2011. Like how the US West coast (LA) exploded with ā€œfuture beatsā€ or just ā€œthe beats sceneā€ iirc. Lots of off-shoots and merges happening, especially with that kind of chiptune-like synth style. Who are we to speculate about the musical backgrounds of the folks that jumped on the brostep bandwagon?

Also, wasnā€™t 1 of the 16bit dudes part of Broken Note for a while too?

Iā€™m in love with this

2 Likes

I feel like they both just captured lightning in a bottle with ones like that. Both of em have a pretty robust catalog from that time of similar sounding tunes where you can definitely tell they were just working hard in the studio.

Was a joke. I donā€™t actually think they are cia plants lmao

4 Likes

Glad to hear it lol.

my personal guess - a lot was happening in the 2010s. dubstep blew up in popularity, but so did EDM as a whole. All of a sudden, thereā€™s a huge influx of rock and metal fans trying to do their own takes in electronic music. Itā€™s always existed imo (Pendulum became a rock act by their second album, for example) but it became more so by the big EDM boom.

plus, breakcore already sounded metal as fuck. Eddie Broken Note brought that to the table with 16bitā€™s productions. Itā€™s still so wild that 16bit produced for Bjork lol

3 Likes

This always brings me back to being pinged up as fuck at dubstep raves the year after I finished uni, that guitar lick especially

4 Likes

Some of those earlier Ternion bits hit hard

2 Likes

100% not really that into them now, but those early records are absolutely banging

1 BigUp

Been trying to record more guitar on my end, need more real instruments in productions imo.

2 Likes

1 BigUp

At the moment Iā€™d just repost this, severely underrated. The vocal song/chant sample is bliss.

1 BigUp

Deeeeeeeep

Come out over 10 years ago ffs

4 Likes
2 Likes

Bruh just got the 10", dope.
Still re-issue copies left, check his BC.

Such a good release. Mad how much the price has come down lol. Remember paying like 25 for it when it came out