What tune originally got you into dubstep?

I heard Miss Dynamite from a friend, but had no clue what I was listening to although loved it. Looking back now it was mainly UK Garage beats under Miss Dynamite, not Dubstep. We were calling it “Grime” although had no idea what Grime or Dubstep was yet. I needed to hear more tunes w that dark broken 140 vibe, so I stumbled through some internet searches and found a Ben UFO mix that started with D1’s Crack Bong. Mind blown. As a DJ I immediately switched my genre from DnB to Dubstep, 29 July 2005 was my 1st order for dubstep vinyl :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao that was my 8th birthday

I would have just turned 23 haha

1 BigUp

Big up bro, I remember you from day. I locked into a few of your shows n rinsed a couple of your tunes.

You still playing?

Aye biggup Molzie! Yeah, I’m still producing and DJ’ing.

For me that was Kromestar - Badman & 16bit - PCP ! the 2 first dubstep records I have bought :smiley:

1 BigUp

Im guessing it was ruffage (loefah) and Angels (vex’d)
Still some of my favorite sounds!

1 BigUp

My first experience was not with dubstep. It was brostep, but mistakenly thanks to the mainstream media everyone called it dubstep. It was Korn’s Path of Totality album so thanks to this I started to search brostep artists’ songs and I really got into. I downloaded couple “dubstep” compilations and one of had Skream and Distance songs, I liked how dark are they (compared to happy party brostep LOL). I remember one of those songs were Night Vision by Distance. So few weeks after I listened to discographies of classic dubstep (not brostep) artists.

1 BigUp

Big up, night vision was definitely one of those turning point tunes for me that did a lot to get me off the brostep wave

1 BigUp

Yes, that’s an awesome track! I still listen to it, also Skream’s remix of this song gets me everytime!

1 BigUp

Probably this one:

At least I remember listening to it a lot in my early days of dub garage obsession. The fun thing is that I found it on wikipedia and was instantly charmed. After that, I think it was one of FatKidOnFire sessions hosted by Korrupt which got me into later dubstep.

1 BigUp

Distance - Cyclops
What a tune.

3 Likes

Fucking big tune!

Froggy Style by the widdler. Think I’m necroing this thread.

2 Likes

More than a year old :joy:
Buts its good give everything a dust off once in a while.

I came up thru jungle and speed garage.
Grime and dubstep were a logical evolution for me.

2 Likes

this tune

I cut it out of Dubstep Warz to put in my phone, genuinely thought it was called Haunted (White) because of the tracklist, didn’t really occur to me that it’s weird that half the tunes are named something (White)

2 Likes

A good ol Phaele track

My journey with dubstep was pretty cosmic. 2007, weirdly found my old FM Radio in a cupboard and hooked it up in my room. Few weeks later I went out as a young teen and got pissed, came back late and chucked on Radio 1 and heard the replay of Dubstep Warz, think it was the week before Generation Bass. Must have been 15 years old? But it changed my life

Skream and Loefah were the first two to take me somewhere. I remember downloading “Love Don’t Come Easily” from Skream’s MySpace page and just hammering it. The rest is history

3 Likes