Workflow, Clutter and Technology

Re: Audio editors

I might try the demo of this to check it out:

I’ve been using Audacity. I also installed the Ocenaudio editor that @TMSV linked but I haven’t gotten that deep into it yet.

I used to love Peak back in the day when I used Cubase but since at least v8 Ableton seems capable of basically any function I used to use audio editors for, what can they do that a modern DAW can’t?

I use them for chopping up samples and making mp3’s. I like working with a dedicated audio editor rather than a DAW sometimes I guess.

I have had times where I needed to do batch processing of audio which you cannot do in a DAW.

I have even mastered tunes in an audio editor when I had SoundForge.

Makes sense, i guess breaking out of your DAW can give you a bit more clarity or a different perspective

1 BigUp

I have to use one cos I can’t do it in reason

Oh yeah,

I have been known to do re-edits in them as well. I remember doing this one in SoundForge.

I kind of want to get SoundForge again, but I don’t know if they now suck under a new company and I don’t think I want to pay $500 for it.

Willie Colon - Set Fire To Me (Izms Edit)

http://tonescientist.com/audio/Willie_Colon_Set_Fire_To_Me_Re-Edit.mp3

Score! I got Sound Forge 10 working on my computer. I thought that license and software were lost.

1 BigUp

Double score! I have gotten the license for the iZotope Mastering Effects Bundle. I liked this set of tools that was included with Sound Forge 10 but realized that I had completely lost that license which was separate.

I emailed iZotope and worked with Lars. I had registered the email from my old company which doesn’t exist anymore. He couldn’t find any reference to my name, email addresses or company. The last time I registered this software was 9 years ago.

Lars did me a solid and generated me a new license key since that bundle was included with SF10 originally.

Good customer service.

1 BigUp

Ocenaudio looks promising, installed it a while ago - but my employer pays for an Audition license for me so… yeah. Unless ReSample has magic unicorn testicle powder hidden inside… :thinking:

Just tried using Wavosaur again.

Whenever I scan for VSTs, it crashes. Consistently.

It doesn’t help that I see this issue being reported all the way back in 2013. :frowning_face:

Just tryna find an Audacity alternative - it’s great for some things, wonky as fuck for others. I got spoiled by years of using Audition (all the way back to CoolEditPro days…:sunglasses:)