100BPM v2017 Sample Pack Comp (NOW - 28th)

No submissions yet :confused: Has anyone been working on this? Want to extend it? The pack has had 50 clicks so I find it strange no oneā€™s done anything

ill try to make something today

1 BigUp

Tune battle me m8. Just made a 15 second loop :stuck_out_tongue:

1 BigUp

just finished

uploading now :shining:

Alright :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ll look at it tomorrow. Gotta change mine cuz I made it at 95 instead of 100 for some reason. Unless you donā€™t care :confused:

I couldnā€™t not care less, or could I?

(I dont actually care)

Itā€™s my dadā€™s birthday today so prolly wonā€™t get this uploaded til later

1 BigUp

Big up Papa Tolsof. For some reason I imagine him as a flesh-colored Smurfā€¦ :hmm: lol.

Also big up to Cyc, apparently the only contestantā€¦ ?

Yeah I havenā€™t gotten any others :confused:
I made a quick beat after Cyc said he was going to submit something

That sucks.

I have an excuse but itā€™s sort of bullshit (hate current setup/workflow).

Is the BPM the main reason for lack of participation or something else I wonder? Weā€™re all busy but fuck, this is Sadshitā„¢.

Yeah I was really proud of this pack too :frowning:

1 BigUp

Voting thread guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it was a good pack. I wanted to do something but didnā€™t get to it.

That is part of it for me. Iā€™m just getting back into production after a long break; Iā€™m trying to reinvent my workflow. I have to explore what inspires me and not be locked into a BPM. I do understand creativity through limitation but at this point it is too limiting for myself.

2 Likes

Well the next comp should be more free form. Iā€™d be up for another ā€œgenre battleā€ like the trap off

+1 on the reinvention of workflow. I hate what i have to work with rn even though it served me well up to this point and helped refine the clutter and analysis paralysis I used to get with too many I/O and plugin options.

We just need the right kind of limitations I guess. Whatever that means.

Not sure a genre battle is really free form enough tbh - some people already kill their respective genres and have a leg up that way (looking @Samuel_L_Damnson motherfucker :lol_og:) but maybe if itā€™s deliberately, um - transgressive? Transcending? Dun kno. Pushing boundaries. Thatā€™s what I feel like atm.

I like the og samplepack format and the plug contest on the old board was dope too.

2 Likes

True. Maybe another thing like the 10 second song. Or maybe only have 1 day to make a song. Something to really push our creative ness.
Tbh the sample pack comps arenā€™t a ā€œchallengeā€ for me anymore cuz itā€™s basically the only way Iā€™ve been making songs now. Neither is the 100bpm because, again, Ive been making most of my songs around there recently.
(I donā€™t mean to sound like Iā€™m good at it, just that Iā€™m comfortable with the set up)

We need something that actually breaks how we think about making a song.

1 BigUp

Like if we did a psytrance tune battle Iā€™m sure no one would have a leg up

2 Likes

Also thnx man :wink:

Secretly I spend 12 hours a day making psytrance. 15 hours a day on LSD

2 Likes