3 New Tracks

Hey guys, check out these tracks I spent the last few days making. Let me know what you think!

-Shakesphere

Your track lolidrop sounds really unprofessional because you have some sounds that are completely off beat and not mixed into the track at all. I like your melodic parts a lot…I think they have a solid melody and flow. I really like the melodic breakdowns that you have. For some reason they seem mixed a lot better than the drop sections.

Your drops are poorly mixed and poorly composed unfortunately. If you scrub your drops and make a proper hard hitting drop you could have a pretty cool track there. I think that overall, what you have going on in your drops is just the background synth work that should be layered under really heavy basses. I don’t like how you have a faux drop…this makes your drop really awkward feeling and week. For me, I want drops to hit hard…yours has a measure of drum lag and it reduces the impact.

I don’t think that you should stop making music at all. Just keep working and improving!

Of course. This the kind of advice I need so thanks. I am not claiming to be an expert of any kind. Since I have been making rap beats for a while it kind of make sense to me that the melodic parts would be a mixed better than the drops, I will definitely work on composing my drops better. Do you have any recommendations for listening material?

Hmm…your tunes aren’t my style so I wouldn’t be able to give you a tip on who to follow that fits your style. Maybe a good dubstep / brostep example would be Virtual Riot. He’s got a pretty simplistic thing going on but always has a top notch refined sound. He also has a great tutorial on his YouTube page about the nitty gritties of a drop composition. If you don’t dig his style, the way that he sets up his tracks are at least worth a look.