A daw for a noob

I’m not a programmer at all, I’m sure DAWs handle resources differently. But the logic that Ableton stock plug-ins are more CPU heavy is just as plausible. I do have to say in FL Studio even with CPU heavy plugins I have to go fairly nuts before I take a hit.

I’ve used both and ableton’s stock plug-ins are way more resource intensive than FL’s, in some cases using a VST equivelent of a stock plugin (EasyQ over the default 8 band EQ for example) saved me some CPU

1 BigUp

Fl is quite clean and easy to get around. When I tried ableton my eyes hurt cus the GUI was a bit small for my tastes. But they’re all great

In Ableton, you can scale the size and change the colour scheme.

The scaling thing’s not that useful unless you have a particularly large screen though. The layout makes it such that everything takes up too much space or all the text is too small.

You can also do that (and more) in Reaper.

http://stash.reaper.fm/tag/Themes

pretty sure Skream switched to Logic like 09-10ish

‘‘it’s not what you use - it’s how you use it’’

and that’s coming from someone who uses both hardware and software.

e.g.: Wen uses FL.

Yeah but by then he had already made most of his best tunes imo if he did switch to logic then.

Doesn’t Flylo still use a dated version a of Reason?!
Ses it all imo

Not sure

But I know mala uses reason, benga, coki and loefah use logic and distance and el-b use cubase iirc.

Pretty sure i heard Mala uses Logic nowadays acciridng ti that Redbull

Dunno, but he does use ableton for his gigs, so may have made the switch.

all his classics were in FL doe

whaaat? coki’s tunes reek of reason

Never used FL but work rate in Ableton is superb, It’s preset plugins are fine (obviously not as good as normal plugins, but if you don’t want to use CPU) plus you can rewire it into other DAWs

yh I swear Coki’s basses are made in Reaktor

more like subtractor

1 BigUp

haha that’s what I meant

1 BigUp

REEWIND…

I mean…

REEWIRE…

2 Likes

Coki deffo uses subtractor. There are wavetables in there that sound like coki basses. I think wave 7 was used In the earth a run red bass line. Or like 5 and 6 are used in goblin I think

1 BigUp