About Burial's feeling on his own music

Guys, i need ur help : i’m working on Burial, and while searching for interviews, reviews of his albums i can’t remember where i saw earlier his statement about his music that was like “i tried to capture the dark feeling of the rainy streets of london” I found it very meaningfull
if it reminds something to somebody, please help me ^^

1 BigUp

There are only a small handful of proper burial interviews. There are two with Blackdown and one with Mark Fisher. It’ll be one of those.

“…His own music, though, isn’t really made to be listened to in clubs. "It’s more about when you come back from being out somewhere; in a minicab or a night bus, or with someone, or walking home across London late at night, dreamlike, and you’ve still got the music kind of echoing in you, in your bloodstream, but with real life trying to get in the way. I want it to be like a little sanctuary. It’s like that 24-hour stand selling tea on a rainy night, glowing in the dark. It’s pretty simple.”

:question:

1 BigUp

I already found that, but after realizing how rare are his interviews, i think the expression that I wanted was just a reformulation of this statement, made in some music chronicle.
Anyway thank you ^^

1 BigUp

I wrote a piece for Remix mag back in 2006 where I cited another interview he did, always loved this quote:

If only this were still true in dubstep lol

5 Likes