Ambient / Experimental / Post Rock

I didn’t see these genres anywhere. I enjoy listening to bvdub, Eluvium, Hammock, Sigur Ros, Fennesz, Stars of the lid, A winged victory for the sullen, The dead texan…

Currently loving this album, been listening to it for a long time now… Can’t wait for them to come here in late October.

This… It’s kinda unexplainable as to what effects it gives me when listening it. When I first listened to it I didn’t like it at all. But I gave it a chance. After some time a sample that comes in the first track at 9:00 really sticked out for me, it was so majestic that I imagined a grandeur scene from a film in which a guy comes in a big rich hotel or something and starts shooting people, I don’t know why but probably because of constant re-watching of The Dark Knight… Anyways, as I started reading the Dune series by Frank Herbert (on the 4th book now), I was exploring different parts of this album, and I can relate each part to the books I have read by now and it’s something that didn’t happen to me before except maybe when I was reading LOTR and listening to Craig Padilla’s Vostok album. Sorry for the long post but this is why genres like this consume me and take me to places I didn’t expect to have existed before…

Please, post your fav albums and maybe some stories about how it made you feel and perhaps like me you can associate certain releases to certain moments in life, because that’s what the artists intended in the first place. :slight_smile:

Stars of the Lid is one of the best live shows I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen thousands of bands/performances. Had me in tears.

Tortoise surely deserves a mention here…

1 BigUp

Great album by Simon Fisher Turner, most notably known in our field for his impeccable contribution to Terre Thaemlitz aka DJ Sprinkles’ Comatonse imprint.

Awesome ambient mix by an affilliate of my favourite music nerd mag, zweikommasieben (which is beautifully crafted, features great artwork and in-depth interviews with the likes of Vatican Shadows, Mumdance & Logos, Helena Hauff, Actress, Hieroglyphic Being et al. Appears in german & english (in the same issue). Can’t recommend them highly enough; check them out!)

Bill Kouliglas drawing on his PAN roster of excellent soundsmiths.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just discovered this musician from Serbia, just next door to my country, and I am happy to share this album with you. I am always looking for more experiental ambient / drone music.

1 BigUp

^Cheers, gonna queue that one up tonight.

Got hipped to this today, pretty cool sounds:

1 BigUp

https://soundcloud.com/forces-music/live-at-haxxxan

Fans of Lustmord might want to check out Squaremeter (M²) - aka Mathis Mootz, aka Panacea.

isnt that @Databoi’s label or am i crazy

edit: nvm, im a dummy thats just the name of the release

1 BigUp

Going down this rabbit hole recently, minimal synthy/ambient stuff

1 BigUp

Started to listen to some new artists and some stuff I havent listened from the ones that. I already know.

This album is fantastic

And this

1 BigUp

Mod edit - don’t spam

Two new Kevin Martin (The Bug) albums just dropped on his new label, Intercrannial.
No vinyl unfortunately but instacop nonetheless…

1 BigUp

Only putting this here since it’s beatless, lovely tune

this is the most ambient dubby stuff i’ve heard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnYmqdQA73s not sure if that’s the right genre fitted, lmk

Sunday evening one, while watching an absolutely giant storm cloud roll over London towards here

1 BigUp