Ambient / Experimental / Post Rock

Nice one, Dig these

1 BigUp

This one is really fucking good

1 BigUp

This one is very really fucking good.
4 tracks around 8 mins each, each titled and sonically themed after a season.

1 BigUp

Aye, Cryo Chamber best dark ambient label.

Have you got any recommends from their bandcamp page? There’s a lot there. Something similar to that Alphazone release. I like stuff that sounds like the atmosphere and soundtrack to a horror film in an abandoned space outpost

I like the Lovecraft inspired compilations, but it might not be what you want. The one you linked is pretty industrial sounding (though I just checked out the first track).

I have these 3 vinyls from there, the first 2 leans towards the more dark jazzy side of things, and the last is more fantasy-ish. Solid stuff anyways, but yeah, might not be what you’re looking for.

1 BigUp

Nice one will check them out

Currently on this one. It has pianos and synths but v desolate and post-apocalyptic space station vibes.

Listened to this earlier. Absolutely brilliant. Reminds me of the landscape in Book of Eli.

If you like Lovecraft inspired - then give this one a go

1 BigUp

Cool. Almost everything they release is high grade, with some different flavours of darkness and desolation.

Check out these too.

1 BigUp

Just gona work my way through the whole back cat over the next couple weeks.

1 BigUp

Opiated Dreams is nice. I haven’t listened to the other ones yet.

1 BigUp

I’ve been thinking about how long to make Ambient tracks. I see that a lot of these are like 6 minutes.

I guess I’ve been listening to a lot of Steve Roach and 70 minute dark drones. Plus hour long Indian ragas.

1 BigUp

Tone Scientist - Mechanical Memories

1 BigUp

Link some of them ragas pls.

Pretty sick dude.
6 to 10 is good for ambient I reckon

1 BigUp

It’s mostly been Ali Akbar Khan on the sarod.

2 Likes
1 BigUp

I love that one. Listened to it quite often this summer.

1 BigUp

I’ve been listening to Michael Stearns quite a bit these last several months but just recently found out that it was he that did the soundtrack to the movie Baraka which you might be familiar with.

Cryo Chamber is out with a new Lovecraftian “mix” (in two parts).

1 BigUp