/bleep/core

What are some essential electronic records?

Pic related.

are you retarded bro

1 BigUp

'Tis a good list.

Considering that list has a whole load different genres i would say there are way too many too list.
Thought it was gonna be more specific than that

Off the top of my head and without having given it too much thought, I’d additionally include

Burial - Burial
Burial - Untrue
Zomby - WWUI92?
Ricardo Villalobos - Alcachofa
Leftfield - Leftism
St. Germain - Tourist
Teebee - Blacksciencelabs
The Gas LPs

…and many, many others, each impactful in their own right.

2 Likes

Untrue is already there.
How are you the only person on here that has mentioned Gas.
I swear no one else has ever mentioned any Gas releases ever
Konigforst is the one! Track 5 :love:

It’s a really nice list overall but there’s a few pieces of shit in there like the BT and Justice albums, but imo and stuff.

Also Experience & The Jilted Generation are a hell of a lot better than Fat of The Land and far more essential as far as electronic music goes. Both were genre defining and inspired so much music.

Speaking of genre defining and inspiring other music: Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole should be extremely high up on any list. That album still sounds future as fuck.

Not sure I agree.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Fat of the Land but I don’t really go back and listen to it a lot. There’s some stuff on there that I’m not particularly into and would always skip even when it was new (Narayans comes to mind), but Jilted Generation I still play all the way through a lot. Personal tastes I suppose.

Think of † what you want, but it did make a huge splash when it dropped and was very influential, as was the live show that followed. Justice effectively paved the way for the Aokis and Bloody Beetroots with an album that, at the very least, had some character and brought some new textures into mainstream music.

I recognise it did bring something new, I just don’t like what that was. Just very distant from personal taste I guess. BT did similar and is hugely responsible for glitch music but I don’t think it makes his music itself good/essential. No one’s gonna agree with everything on a list anyway.

1 BigUp

andy stott deserves a spot if we’re talking albums

3 Likes

LP5 over Amber
Go Plastic over Ultravisitor
Since I Left You can go, you have Endtroducing already
Discovery? no no no
they did a remaster of Second Toughest In The Infants with loads of extra bits from the singles which I would prefer over Beaucoup Fish
Royksopp can go
Switched On Bach is cool but not essential
good to see that Alec Empire album on there!
+1 for Jilted Generation over Fat Of The Land