Burial

He did this to ME.

#metoo #barial

1 BigUp

soliderhty

that one and the zomby + rezzet collab were super duper

thats 4 years ago tho lol

Tbf even though I donā€™t enjoy his newer stuff idm it thatā€™s what he wants to do. I just donā€™t listen and itā€™s fine

1 BigUp

big up, thats how life should be lived haha

1 BigUp

Exactly haha, why waste energy on something you know youā€™re not gonna enjoy

I actually think the new remix is pretty good.
Best music he had released since Monic remix which was jus insanely good.

thats defoes among the better latter day burial tho

those technoey 1s were very boring

You are mixing up things here, probably because you are an artist yourself. Itā€™s completely on point to defend an artists space for experimentation ofcourse.
Avant gard and all that, tho - Iā€™ll come back to that.
Look at it from a fan perspective instead.
Let me give a few examplesā€¦

People I was a huge fan of:

Cronenberg
Makes 20 brilliant films after another from the debut and onwards, then makes two critically acclaimed films like history of violence and eastern promises - which is fair enough, decent mainstream films and nice that he got the recognition and all.
But it changes from insta-watch for me into I wonder IF his next film is worth checking out. - - Unfortunately in this case - it ends up not being him experimenting with more accesible types of film but actually ā€˜branching outā€™ instead.

Timbaland
He pushes all kinds of mini genres and new producer tricks and even artists thru - in the beginning of his career. I was sat there listening to a track and thinking: oh how did he flip it like that - I guess we all need to find like indian percussion samples now lol - - he just flipped everything in the first maybe 100 tracks he did.
Then he branches out and becomes this grammy guy or sought out producer, who instead of experimenting makes a timbo-solution for an artist.
Ends up producing white boy bands with accesible mainstream drums.

Burial
Well is it experimentation or does he want to be in radio head instead now?
Does he think Amnesiac is the way forward or does he want to battle with el-p for drums.
Both are perfectly acceptable opinions in his own house, ofcourse.
But one is avant garde and the other is to me branching out - - fair play and all.
But heā€™s not for a lack of better word, - defending the avant garde or underlining his methodology/ideas anymore.
Instead, weā€™re sort of looking for Burial clues (qloos) in more and more mainstream tracks or like seeing indie and garage mixed, like a lot of people could/would.

I mean the headspace he was in, back in the day, it doesnt seem to me like he has that anymore, - eventhough he can still come up with a fresh thing like sweetz.
But from a fan perspective its completely fair to want the product from that headspace/ realm where his older work ā€˜belongedā€™.

Sorry wanted to explain it better but my mum just came for a visit

later

1 BigUp

what up cyclo ā€¦ u busy ?

Anybody catch the new one on MAH show? Announced by hyperdub afterwards itā€™s forthcomingā€¦ couldnā€™t catch it as at work

1 BigUp

Preorder on bandcamp but player wonā€™t show so hereā€™s this link

Email from Hyperdub Bandcamp also has this very exciting nugget of information:

Keep an eye on his page as there will be some exclusive stuff in the next week.

EDIT: Iā€™m waiting for the vinyl before listening in full (listened to about 10 seconds and am very excited)

Claustro
Uptempo Burial, 3am driving at night rave tape vibes.
Itā€™s got some wonderful wonderful old sounding rave synths.
And actual structure! More like a ā€œsongā€ than some of those meandering ambient excursions that felt like Burial-pastiche.
Starts to drag around the 4minute mark, and then switches up into somehting cheesy and a bit shit.
Snippet of a sample from a track on the first album plays briefly like a ghost behind the static in the outro. Itā€™s cool but ultimately just sounds sad because you remember Burial hasnā€™t been good for a while.

Overall;
excited for new Burial
excitement continues as it seems to be a return to form
excitement abates considerably as the song goes on
frustration at the end because it started off so well but then let itself down in the second half.

1 BigUp

I quite like it, wtf is going on lol

I think brexit will fix up burial imo

1 BigUp

Yeah itā€™s decent. I like it, just wished it had a few switches in it cuz it gets a bit samey.

:disappointed:

1 BigUp

totally forgot to listen to the new one, probably my fav since the 2012 stuff. bouncy drums, classic burial vox sampling, the ravey synths, idk whats not to like. i sort of agree that it drags around 4mins but not enough to bother me

the short trancey bit is brilliant lol, also the beatless bells section right before that sounds v missingno

3 Likes

Ehatā€™s wrong with that? At least we got a garage beat back. Every tune he does gains 10 points if garage