Collecting dubstep on vinyl in the USA

I love getting my fresh plates in the mail but sometimes I have to wait over a month for them to arrive. It fucking sucks. I just wish I had a local record shop that actually carried the tunes I want to buy. The closest things I can find here are dub releases from like the 70s. I mean I can get down with it but wish I could purchase something a bit more modern.

Anyways, any US based dubstep vinyl collectors on this forum? How do you remain sane when you’re waiting for your tunes?

@cyclopian

i dont really collect dubstep but it usually
takes 2 or 3 weeks for my vinyls to arrive. I try to order as many as possible from one vendor to cut down on the shipping cost which usually run higher than the actualy records(28 for shipping 7 for 5 records). I may try to resell them at some point and if i do ill be the only person on this side of the atlantic with them.

My go-to move is ordering a bunch at a time but not realizing one of those doesn’t get released for another 1.5 months…

Yeah ordering pre-order releases can be a pain to wait for because they don’t ship until the release date. Sometimes it gets delayed cause of pressing plant delays or distro problems. Usually when I buy a 12" from a small label at an online record store it doesn’t ship until the general release date. For bigger labels with worldwide distro (i.e. Brainfeeder, Big Dada) it ships the week before it releases so I can get my hands on it the day it’s out.

https://earcandymusic.biz/
This is the only US based store I bought vinyl from. It’s slightly expensive, even more so than vinyl from overseas, but there’s a bunch of oldies / rare finds in the dubstep & grime section. If I want to cop recent releases though I just use Redeye or cop direct.

2 Likes

someone who’s a native english speaker. is this correct? I’ve always thought that must be wrong. I’d say records

I don’t think it’s correct. Vinyl is a material not a specific thing. But to each their own

Bigup on sharing ear candy. I’ve never heard of them and even though they seem more expensive it might be worth it to buy some from their just cause of shipping times and what not.

1 BigUp

I feel ur pain it sucked until I moved near NYC, shops in the city usually have cool dubstep records, found some older shit too which was awesome to me. But i usually buy off bandcamp pages.

1 BigUp

but at least you guys get a ton of cool ass disco/funk for peanuts. the same records are literally unavailable or really expensive here

2 Likes

Idk why all your records from euro etc are taking 2-3 weeks. I always get stuff within a week in Michigan.

Who do you order from?

These guys are great. Ordered from them a few times.

Redeye and Juno usually.

1 BigUp

‘Vinyl’ is both singular and plural, no need for the ‘s’

Zion’s Gate has ya covered too:

Ships from WA I beleive, probably mistaken though. Stateside nonetheless.

I was the original employee at that shop :cool:

1 BigUp

Your dubstep is showing.

1 BigUp

1st load up discogs wantlist

2nd Discogs > Marketplace > Buy Music > Items I Want

3rd go to seller & click on the seller w/ the most items in your wantlist

4th go to that seller’s PAGE & view ALL of their items not just on your wantlist & find things that are priced reasonably (also good way to find new music)

buy all your shit on one order from the same seller so you dont pay shipping

2 Likes

Discogs pro tip #1

1 BigUp