Commodo - How What Time Opinions

1 BigUp

So just unboxed it yesterday, giving it a run through right now with some coffee. Iā€™ve enjoyed each tune individually so far, Trim is good too, I think the B-side of disc 1 is the most fire as a whole so far, Hadi, My Liege, Russian glass really stood out, not taking away from the other tunes but that whole stretch is a reload from me. Just loaded up the next plate on deck 2 and giving it a go now.

I love the tubular bells on the the 3rd song of disc 2ā€¦ Iā€™ll post up when I flip to the label.

it was sleepwave, Flood & Sleepwave are top notch.

1 BigUp

sitting down to it now : )

1 BigUp

Think Set it straight is getting skipped over a bit because we all had the promo for time already but its a still nasty tune, Kofte is well quirky and has a nice shuffle to it. I dunno man, without trying to sound like a fanboy this whole album is excellent and leaves me wanting to play it again. I can see how it would not feel like a ā€œdubstepā€ album to a younger crowd but this is definitely a gem for the jaded oldfag fam. 0% ice cream.

1 BigUp

Itā€™s ok, he obviously went for the leftfield approach, Floods is my favourite tune so far but thatā€™s subject to change

How Dare You is a Percival.

2 Likes

Just found this thread again lol

This album really grew on me tbh. Iā€™d be tempted to call it a top 10 dubstep album at this point, but not sure if I wanna commit myself to that statement haha

1 BigUp

Yeh this one really held up over time in my opinion, I feel personally like heā€™s gotten better and better. Like his older stuff is great (Space Cash is classic obviously) but this album was the best heā€™d put out by that time imo, and by now my favourites are ones like Daytona and 1001 that again from a textural and detail standpoint are so distinctive and tasty in a way that isnā€™t just about being a banger. I feel like thereā€™s something very advanced in his choice of sound usage

Iā€™ve been going through his older stuff a lot recently and Iā€™m honestly amazed at how distinct and sick his sound design has been throughout his discography. In the future heā€™ll definitely be looked at as one of the great dubstep artists (not just the newer lot, but across dubsteps lifetime)

1 BigUp

right on queue it got a repressā€¦

https://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/71475-acrelp007-commodo-how-what-time-2-x-lp

My Liege and Sleepwaves are top notch, just like the rest of the album :dudebro: