Converge - Official DSF Party - 2014 > Present

Ahaha not as such. Can leave your stuff by the ticket bit tho as myelf or my mrs will be on the door

What times the doors close?

I guess around 2ish, I mean feel free to roll up at 3 but youll have under an hour haha

1 BigUp

Have fun everybody, first one Iā€™m not able to make this year :unamused:

Did a mix called ā€˜Not Happy About Missing Convergeā€™ today if anybody is interested I posted it here: DSF Members Mix Club

1 BigUp

What about good old ā€˜tuck it inbetween a wall and a speakerā€™ or maybe even an upgrade to ā€˜behind the decksā€™?

Can I smuggle in some plum wine? Could it pass for a back room stock?

Ps. Why canā€™t you make it Muncey?

I have to work all weekend :pensive:

:gunfinger:

3 Likes

How was it?

Haha hellish at points but a good time. All the guys DJing were sound.
@jook played a really good set.

Iā€™m sure @Riddles can fill you in on the technicals

1 BigUp

Ok so slightly less exhausted and its annoying to not have muncy or Jooosh to fill in haha.

Right, well pretty funny tube ride with @Jook and all his mates and our lot, got to the venue had 15mins to flip it from a gig to club.
Got it going and then while I was running up and down kings cross trying to get pound coins, I come back and hear the tunes dropping like from 45 to 33 extremes.

I more of less misssed all of Toms set, then it was blind panic as one deck was fully fucked. So about 10mins of freaking the fuck out as the CDJ also wasnt reading the time code CDs
which meant everyone had to be on serato vinyl time code with a fucked deck, One of my friends and @ch3 jumped in a taxi back to hers to get a deck.

Foamplate soldiered on with a 2% pitch range and what I caught of his set was big, we are hoping to get him in for our first Radar Radio Show.

Guys came back with the deck by the end, swapped in the new deck and Jook was on. Good mix of dubstep bangers and mad grime bits, crowd was hyped.
Last tune was by him and his mates who came collabing, got wheeled 3 times (once by foamy) Big tune.

Iglew was on after and played a good set, he was loving the buckfast haha. Loads of bits with E.m.m.a and some other things, loads of his bits got wheeled as well haha He later said nobody wheels his stuff normally so it was fun.

Ipman next but the crowd was seriously lagging, idk what all these pussys had been doing all night but he basically played loads of Bristol techno/130 stuff then went into pure techno at the end, one tune I caught was called ā€œfrontal lobe punchā€ lol.

Packed up, put about 4 taxis worth of us back to Balham and had a chilled ā€œsmokes and jokesā€ (as my gf named it haha) party. Walked home about 7am tired as all hell.

2 Likes

@Riddles mixing out of Creeper. Fuck me that was some next level drunken genius.

yeah sorry missed ipman was feeling done in, jook set was wicked last tune was by him? thought it was one of his mssingno dubs, what was one before that- nasty tune.

iglew was wicked

foamplate really impressed me, been like q cynical watching dubstep sets lately and it was really nice to hear a set of tunes iā€™d never ever heard and like tunes that were nice and hype rather than just eyes down steppers but that didnā€™t cross into bro. proper set.

i really like how they do pints of camden pale ale for 4 quid

Ah well must have been second to last then heh

Yeah that second to last tune was a good one

Also, was pleasantly surprised when Foamplate dropped President of Europe. Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard that played out. Overall tune selection was pretty interesting.

Hadnā€™t realised you were there @RKM

Bit gutted I missed Foamplate but it was for a good cause. Gonna see him at System, hopefully, to make up for this.

Think by the end of Jookā€™s set we have reached an accepted amount of wheel ups per night? Last tune (or 2nd last?) was rad, it was a collective Brighton-crew effort, as far as I remember.

Really enjoyed Iglewā€™s set as well, and Ipman finishing with techno just added to variety of stuff played that night.

Had a few v strange encounters with random people, must have been some special cosmic alignment or something, haha.

Big up guys, hope the next one will be less stressful for you!

sounds sick, would love to see some video or audio if ya got any :mrgreen:

Sorry :frowning: fucking venue, went mental at them.
Hes should be coming up with Tom for Radar hopefully this week or next so you can atleast come up for that

Also if anyone that came has any feedback that would be great cos I spent half the night running about like a bastard.

Sounds like it was fun - though exhausting.

Itā€™s such a shame that a club canā€™t guarantee something as basic as a fully working turntable.

haha yh it was second to last one, me Luc n Liam made it together!

Apologies, Iā€™ll be back next time I promise!

Sounds like you didnā€™t let the technicals spoil the night! Glad it was another success! Gutted to have missed Foamplate.

Did Ipman play any break-y type bits?

1 BigUp