Daily post limit?

So there seems to be a daily post limit - every time I try to post in an existing thread (posting new threads still works for some reason) I get a message saying I need to way for 10 hours before posting again.
Is the board designed to work this way (I know some are) or is it something temporary that you plan on getting rid of? I guess the limit is 10 posts per 10 hours judging from my stats.

It is a feature to prevent new users from spamming all over the forum before we even have time to react/ban.
The maximum number of topics a user is allowed to create in their first day on the site: 5.
The maximum number of replies a user is allowed to create in their first day on the site: 10.
The more you use the forum (read, post, etc.) - you get higher trust level which allows you to do more.
This number can be changed - right now we have deafult values and we tweak them slowly.

2 Likes

Can you make it so old dsf users can post more?

“Soon we will promote old users to a higher trust level so there will be no more those limitations. Special badges will be included”

Sick

This is interesting read in the context of posting limits.