A little intermission music

1 BigUp

ā€œand now for something completely differentā€

1 BigUp

Reminds me very much of this tune.

1 BigUp

Thatā€™s nice that

1 BigUp

I feel like this is where I struggle the most. Iā€™ll make a loop that Iā€™m pretty satisfied with, that I can listen to for 20 minutes and not get bored of, but then I donā€™t know what to do with it lol.

Iā€™ve been meaning to try and study the structure of songs that I like and see what they do. Problem is a lot of songs with lyrics really use the lyrics to drive the song. The same 4 bar loop stays pretty fresh if youā€™re saying new stuff over it, even if itā€™s the same melody and rhythm.

1 BigUp

youā€™re not alone, making instrumental music interesting to the listener is way harder, i guess study the structure of instrumental songs you like?

my tip for this but ymmv:
so say your loop is a drum track, a bass track and maybe some synths/pads tracks

add more layers/elements to your loop, another pad, another synth, maybe some foley sounds, whatever you want

but its ruining my mixdown and the new elements clash frequency-wise with the rest, you say

but you also now have a bigger palette of sounds

so now you copy paste your loop for 4 minutes and substract stuff until it sounds good

like that pad you added that doesnt really worked when playing at the same time as your main synth can be your intro if you solo it for the first 16 bars

you can alternate the two synths between parts

mute something for 16 bars, see how that sounds

or something

3 Likes

Every.
Single.
Project.

Composition is difficult AF, I found if you try n make 7-8 minute tracks as a discipline it becomes much easier to get 4-5 minutes out further along the line

4 Likes

:lol_og:

M8s, Iā€™ve been musically pretty dry for a while now and itā€™s been eating at me. I miss it but havenā€™t felt it, been mad busy working again.

First comment is that thereā€™s too many samples lol but thatā€™s a good problem to have, no excuses about being shit at design or w/e.

Anyway, threw a sample from the pack in my favorite sampler and started getting a little heat going. Not promising anything (swear I almost finished 52 it was I think) butā€¦ yeah.

:cornsidedown:

6 Likes

I got carried away cause there was so much I wanted to include lolll. and tbf compared to the last one it might be a little smaller :joy: but yeah itā€™s not truly very limiting lol

2 Likes

Good to have you back on it mon frere

1 BigUp

Fuck im in Spain til thurs, whats the deadline

24th October or thereabouts local time

1 BigUp

Put some time into mine last night. Quickly running out of time though lol

2 Likes

lots a great samples in this pack. thank you MARSEN for providing this sample pack.

2 Likes

One week to go gentlemen.
Do it for Anna

1 BigUp

Ooooh she thicc

1 BigUp

2 days left you slags.

14 downloads of the pack so I am hoping for a decent turnout, but this thread has been uncharacteristically quiet with 38 replies. You better all come through coz this was an excellent pack.

Two days?

1 BigUp