DSF: A Visual Ethnography

i wish i had irl dsf relationships :corncry:

1 BigUp

Yeah, the average age on here back then was a bit higher than it is now.

April, 2006 here. I would of been 2005 but I was too lazy to make an account. The site came up late 2005 if I recall; like October or something.

That’s me, Zion12 in 2001 pushin’ the dubwise 2-Step aka Dubstep.

Thanks for making me feel old… I mean feel like a veteran. :badteeth:

5 Likes

i’ll come see u blud. i like america. when is there something cool coming up in ur area?

hmm… via fest just happened a month ago, normally id say that (even tho theyve been getting progressively worse bookings)

ill get back to u lol

What member started DSF?

come to sf, we can go to fisticuffs with ronzlo

@dubway and seckle i think? Not 100% on that.

If you look at this page on the old forum you can list the members in order of date to see exactly who joined and when:

https://www.dubstepforum.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=&sk=c&sd=a#memberlist

2 Likes

Kind of on topic but I find the switch to facebook groups to communicate abit dead out.
Can also see why I rate the forum compared to the mooks who says its dead, meet stupid amount of people off here and even the internet badmen are safe in person and new people pop up all the time.

1 BigUp

never seen any of the regs here, mostly cuz I am the lone representative of an extremely isolated dsf exclave in the frostbitten northeastern part of europe. but next time I’m in brizzy / ldn I just have to go to a ninja meeting fo sho. safest bunch on the internet imo

3 Likes

Fb groups are bait af imo. We have a local one here that is dedicated to a “positive EDM scene” and the admin (an edm fucktard controller dj that jumps a lot and has a haircut) posts fucking selfies to the group every day with shit like “OMG POST HOW U LOOK RN FAM” and its basically loaded with rejects from another group where people are openly offensive. They all lord around trying to SJW and trigger even off of people saying a thing that isnt over the top positive about anything. I wanted to start a cringe thread off-shoot just for the shit i found in there but I got banned before I could start taking screens for saying “lol ■■■” on a 4 paragraph teary eye’d ode to DJMAG top100 for this years positioning of Hardwell. Plus anyways all these fb groups are loaded with all the plebs that were at 1D concert last year and now to go the “EDM shows”…

BaHahahaha

Im in a group like that

before i was banned there was a massive SWJ round table involving like 4 admins and 8 people giving opinions on me saying “the f word” and them hoping deep in their hearts I could move passed using such a word b2b name dropping in problems that got invented on tumblr last week.

haha that was so sick

that actress set tho

next years happening

BRING.

2 Likes

hahaha thats awesome

Dunno if that qualifies “most” tbf.

Erm well I was quite late to the party, but I know pete/ch3 and kay know way more of the older forum lot and are in contact with them.
As I said the post is limited to tags but even for the first system there was something like 30 people off here pilled into oilimurkys flat :cornlol:

Also most as in mos tof the active lot still on here. Theres probably lurkers who never post and new guys for sure.

i suppose a lot of people had accounts on here and then got big. but dsf is hardly a platform to launch a succesful career off. i wonder if ppl like hackman, mr beatnick used dsf to initially get feedback on tunes and stuff like that though