I might make mine in Audacity

1 BigUp

Whereial is the Burial?

1 BigUp

Was just gonna post this lol

2 Likes

Oh shit, I got my days mixed up!!!
Incoming ASAP!!

Stance Rethink has DSF60 launching on the 27th of November, then that’ll be it for a month or two. Going to take a break from hosting comps over December and January.

3 Likes

I’m gunna be putting together the pack soon. I might try to keep it kinda loose on the theme since I feel like the last one was a bit tight on the style we were making. I’m open to input though!

4 Likes

Feel free to use this thread if you like for starters… Speaking from experience I think there’s a balance in how big/focused the comp is.

Too many samples usually means more entries, more variety of tunes but less of a cohesive vibe to the whole. Super minimal ones are often more fun for experienced producers (and produce cohesive sets overall), but are also prohibitive to noobs.

As far as motifs it seems that themed comps like Unburied are their own thing apart from the numbered comps, who derive their character from the sample selection. I don’t think that’s written in stone tho. :man_shrugging:t2:

Throw some oddball shit at us: we can take it. :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Second all of this.
Just get a good range of samples and it’ll be fine.

The numbered comps curated by forum heads are wide open for whatever the hoster wants to do. Some have themes, some don’t, some have huge packs, some are more selective. Easy come easy go.

The off number comps that I run tend to be more niche and focussed (burial, mutant dancehall).

End of the day it’s all for fun and learning. No pressure. Just vibes.

2 Likes

:boom::100::boom:

1 BigUp

:hmm:

Seems awful far off… any chance we can kick this off early or would that fuck with Kermit’s groovy vibes?

Ngl, jonesing a little.

1 BigUp

It’s only 2 weeks off :laughing:

Could bring it fwd but depends on when I get the sample pack tbf

Update. Sample pack is in my inbox :wink:

1 BigUp

New schedule uploaded to the OP

1 BigUp

2 Likes

Updated the calendar for the whole of 2024

2 Likes

Somebody (not me) should run mini-comps in the green gaps on the calendar. 24/7/365 comps. Compstep Forum.

2 Likes

@Phigure can you sticky this topic please?

2 Likes

I’ve updated the schedule (again) as I’m shortening the comps by 1 week, so they will run for 4 weeks not 5. I think 5 is too long, and the comp loses focus and momentum. It also means I can squeeze another comp in to the year :gunfinger:

Top of page

2 Likes