DSF55 Production Competition - '92 to '94 A Rave Odyssey

Are sweaty pants allowed in the hot pants van?
I have sweaty pants.

Not in my van.

Except I don’t have a van.

A 1970’s van would be cool.

1 BigUp

How’s everyone getting on?
I am finding it more tricky than I thought I would.

I honestly hate this kind of music lol. I’ve got a few ideas though, so we’ll see what I end up with

1 BigUp

I need to figure out how to use Ableton again lol.

Haven’t used it properly in years and even when I did use it I sucked. No doubt mine will be shit or I won’t even submit anything lol

1 BigUp

Shit goes so hard, fuck.

I almost forgot.

4 Likes

Excellent post!

1 BigUp

:adios: hope you drop a submission for this one

3 Likes

Automatic win if u mc on ur track imo

4 Likes

Haha, had this same idea today. At least some cheesy vocal chops.

I have something to submit. The spirit of dubstep was in me during the last competition (polyrhythm style competition). This time I have a heavy bass idea but that’s about as far as this track got. Big vibes but, I know y’all can go bigger.

Already started actually (forgot to see when the deadline was, derp) but we’ll see.

:disguised_face:

A little concerned about sample recognition algorithms on SC tho because… yeah. LOL.

1 BigUp

Let’s feed it to the AI and see what happens!

Said everybody and especially since watching this whole Dall-E thing play out.

1 BigUp

AI tools for creatives are p exciting tbh.

The only major qualm I have is the distinction between creation v. curation, but that’s always been a slippery ting with periodic, arbitrary markers from the culture - like trying to plant a flag in quicksand.

That and also the quicksand might be made of Vengeance snares and Massive wub presets (or the equivalent thereof in a decade or so) but that just means the perfunctory every-decade remixes might actually get interesting for once.

1 BigUp

How is everyone’s tunes coming along?
I don’t thnk I’ll be submitting. Life has beaten me to my knees recently and I just don’t have time/passion enough to get on this rn

yeah id really love to do one for this but havent gotten anything going yet. maybe push the deadline in classic fashion?

2 Likes

Of course :lol_og:

2 Likes

started something, will need to find a few hours this weekend to do something with it

good job doing your homework on time, nerd

3 Likes

im telling sleeps you said that you are so fucked

3 Likes