DSF55 Production Competition - '92 to '94 A Rave Odyssey

And the one I’ve had in my back pocket for ages!!!
Was usper excited to run/produce for this one but it’s been my worst one haha
Fucking typical.

1 BigUp

I think my song has banger potential even if I don’t finish it so thanks for that at least

Are you guys doing tracks making them sound like they were from this time, or are you doing current/modern style productions influenced by this time period? 94 was really the most mixed melting pot of those years. You could hear 20 different kinds of music at a party.

1 BigUp

Mine sounds more like the 2nd option. A chune that’s heavily inspired by the time.

I’m not sure how well mine fits tbh lol.

I guess we’ll find out in a few days

Also I’m on a work trip for the rest of this week and left my laptop charger at home ffs

i didn’t notice the post until 2 days ago or something, so i haven’t started anything. I’m going to make something I would not normally, because it would be kinda lame to dig some jungle tune out with like 200 hours into it on an emu. lol. i’m thinking maybe even 4/4. maybe not, that slipmatt breaking free goes really nice into ltj horizons.

Most of the synths in Logic are just like 1994. Maybe I will try to use mostly them. :jointrasta:

Chune is done. Exhausted :shining: I ate some pastries :doughnut: and milk :milk_glass: to reward my effort.

3 Likes

in 1994 you’d have been still waiting for protools to load.

1 BigUp

Make a tune that is in the style of early 90s hardcore/rave.
Doesn’t matter your equipment or technique or process.
Just have fun with it.

1 BigUp

What about movie quotes? (no blockbusters anyway of course). Would they pose a problem? They were very popular at that time…

1 BigUp

All the info is in the first post man, just read it. Copyright infringement is fine, it’s not gonna be released officially anywhere apart from SC.

1 BigUp

i’m not worried about any of that. do your thing. but you make a 2 minute track differently than a 5 minute one when you have 2 days. im almost done but finding a vocal is some ugly work. :slight_smile:

Whatever you want to use mate. It’s all good

Whats the actual deadline time and also i dont got a soundcloud so can i just ping a wav over?

Dealine is tomorrow but I’m going to extend it to next Tuesday so ppl can have the bank hol weekend to work on it.

Also wav is fine, wetransfer please

1 BigUp

Deadline is now Tuesday 30th August

1 BigUp

This has to be the longest a comp has been extended lmao.

1 BigUp

yessss

like 5 days? the last one was the same kind of thing. I was thinking about mixing it today to get it over with anyway, or i’ll keep screwing around with it.