DSF58 - Easter Special!

The number of submissions seem to be dropping off these last couple competitions.

1 BigUp

It has waxed and waned a few times, historically. The long term trend is fewer overall subs but I think the average quality has improved (barring my tunes. :badteeth:)

I also think that the average age of competitors has increased a lot overall so, you know, grownuptings kinda get in the way.

Quality > Quantity :face_with_monocle:

1 BigUp

If only we could get more people to vote

1 BigUp

Excellent point. That’d honestly be a bigger boon than anything tbh.

1 BigUp

Ok so 4 subs it is, no late overnight entries. Playlist coming before 11am.
I know I said last night but

1 BigUp

DSF58 EASTER SPECIAL: POD - ALIVE
Voting is open until Monday 14th May
One vote each

The winner will provide the sample pack and theme for the next DSF production comp starting on the 1st August. Schedule is here.

• DSF58 - 1
  • DSF58 - 2
  • DSF58 - 3
  • DSF58 - 4
  • DSF58 - 5

0 voters

5 Likes

cool takes on one of the greatest Christian tracks ever written - no4 was a really cool refit, you could hear a lot of the original sound in there but totally rearranged rhythmically and whatever, v cool. But no1 was like a SAW tune or something, really nice progression to that last section, very nice considering the horrible sample selection lolol

6 Likes

So @lloydnoise forgot to send me a track :dunce:

Currently re-upping the playlist and will post a new vote asap

4 Likes

Boom, new playlist up and running with a new poll

1 BigUp

This is me usually, really wanted to make a christian wobbler too lol

2 Likes

Lol oops

Will redo my vote after another listen

Good work on the SC pic btw, much better choice

1 BigUp

Inb4 you vote for yourself now lol

3 Likes

NONE OF YOURE BUSINESS WHO I VOTE FOR

3 Likes

damn boys, great submissions, I love the vibes on these and how a lot of them went in like a dark evil dub direction. hard to choose as always…

2 Likes

2 votes lmao

C’mon pplz.

1 BigUp

I went 4 but 5 would have got my 2nd vote so big up u x

1 BigUp

I’m gonna give a listen tomorrow on my drive home :bluethumb:

1 BigUp

RIght got a coffee and am sufficiently woken up enough to focus.
Listening now…

Track 1 - nice rolling atmosphere, very hypnotic. Love how it subtly builds all the way through, and all the little elements come in and out dancing around each other.

Track 2 - as hypnotic as track 1 but in a much darker place, This one is less about floating away, and more about being mired and chained unable to escape. Relentless. Bassline is evil.

Track 3 - I got Aphex vibes from this. That kick is a chonkyboi. All that stuttery, shattered percussion is a nice counterpoint to the ethereal-ness of the vox and synths coming form the spectral realm.

Track 4 - those drums are a big vibe, so much going on and I like how they’re panned. Synths are ominous and suffocating. Bassline is a mean bastard.

Track 5 - Fuuuuuucking hell :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Voted.

1 BigUp

man all these tracks are sick! bigup all participators

2 Likes