DSF59 - Production Competition - BLUE COLLAR SPECIAL

If everyone is cool with it, I’ll put up the tracks for DL after voting ends.

3 Likes

This challenge sounds just so much fun! Listening to the beats 1st tune in I already know this is going to awesome. 2nd tune starts… dark just the way we like it. cant wait to hear em all

1 BigUp

What do you mean ’you people’??

4 Likes

Your bots are getting out of hand

6 Likes

Voting is closed, results are in - check the OP

Downloads have been enabled.

lol you guys liked a Ryan tune how does that make you feel?

4 Likes

the two top tracks are both bangers though. they deserve much more exposure than this sad group of nonces

4 Likes

At least he joined in. Where was your tune (ever)?

100% agree. Applies to 90% of what comes out of the production comps tbf

4 Likes

you don’t need to contribute in order to give critique init. but I wasn’t too serious

1 BigUp

Yeah I know my comment was in the spirit of the gentle ribbing x

Thanks everyone who thought my tune was most deserving of their vote. Anybody have any ideas for the next sample pack?

Bigups all around this one was sick and everyone had awesome tracks.

@knobgoblin would love to get a -6db premaster of ur track so i can cut!!!

3 Likes
2 Likes

his track is sick imo, big ups @Ryan

5 Likes

Ah FUCK forgot to vote…

2 Likes

yeah I fucked with it majorly, loved the vibey weightless wonk. great stuff Ryan! also I wanna emphasize that the tunes that didn’t get votes were great as well, I think part of the interesting thing about having a couple votes per person is that you can spread them out more. they all deserve shine!

3 Likes

In one hour chiptune compos on IRC, which is basically the same as this, but you only have one hour, everyone sends a ranking list of the songs, ranked what you like best to what you like least, with points distributed that way. So everyone gets points, but it’s a bigger differences between the scores in the end.

I can’t see this working here that well though, since it involves a whole lot more compo-admin work.

2 Likes

The IRC folks ofc has a whole server dedicated to just calculating the scores from messages sent in the right format, then you get an auto-post with the winner in the end.

Pretty nifty, but extremely fucking nerdy. Going on IRC to join a 1h chiptune compo is of course itself extremely nerdy, so I guess it fits the A E S T H E T I C of it.

1 BigUp

big up @Stance_ReThinK. your tune is an absolute stonker m8

2 Likes

Getting no votes is so much more alpha than making good music imo

I just slammed a bunch of samples into my Reaktor doodads when i was drunk so glad no one wasted a vote, some of u guys put admirable levels of effort into this one
edit - i did make the reaktor doodads tho so it’s not like i didn’t put ANY effort in lol

7 Likes

Ok, chadnoise

2 Likes