DSF59 - Production Competition - BLUE COLLAR SPECIAL

Struggling as always with a kick

Is going straight granular synth mode accepted? A lot of these samples have good sine waves in them.

If you mean can you cut out one cycle of a sine and use it to generate sub and kick then yes it’s allowed.

1 BigUp

Yeah exactly. I EQed out a sine frequency then resampled that into abletons sampler to loop the sine cycle and put a lil pitch bend on it.

I wish Reaper’s sampler had a loop function.
That loop and reverse/crossfade thing Ableton’s does is nice

we’ve had it too easy with all the nice prepared samples lately :cool: wanted to go for an old school one like the scandi ice skating vid challenge haha. some of the hits definitely had a surprising amount of low end in them when I listened back to the recordings though

5 Likes

I got some decent shit going last night

3 Likes

Can’t believe there’s no WD40 in this pack :frowning:

1 BigUp

DAMNIT

1 BigUp

Polyrhythms in disguise :miyagi:

1 BigUp

Those bowl hits have some brutal sine waves in them.
I’ve got a fucking monster of a sub and it’s got a subtle grimy almost sawtooth vibe to it.

3 Likes

@MARSEN what mic did you use to record this stuff? Last night I was getting very stoned working on this and ngl the raw samples kind of started tripping me out with how clean they sounded

1 BigUp

Just a Rode NT1, nothing too crazy but very good mic for the price, going into the Motu 828ES which has very nice clean preamps. If you just need an all around large-diaphragm condenser the Rode budget ones are great

1 BigUp

my software is asking for a name to my computer, what should I name my computer? I am thinking of calling it “Both sides.”

thats a good name

1 BigUp

yeah great post Ryan :+1:

3 Likes

Who else feels like they like how everything sounds in the moment and then you listen to it and later and youre like wow my kick sucks?

3 Likes

Yeah I always dread opening my project back up cuz it always sounds like cow farts the next day

At least you have a kick
:cry:

1 BigUp

It’s actually manly tool sounds. If I remember correctly mine came out of what I’m guessing is the mic accidentally getting bumped

1 BigUp