DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

I want to make something like this, but, I can’t, just listen to that shit, how the fuck you make something like that

i like fl studio it gets ideas out quick and easy agree it does have limitations but overall i dont think i will ever switch ive been trying to use reeper and i really dislike it. if i started on reaper might off been a different story

1 BigUp

I’m finding doing stuff like automation, and in particular recording automation, to be way easier in reaper than fl. Also recording and bouncing tracks.

Fl’s ui was way easier to navigate tho, and the sequencer was nice sometimes.

3 Likes

yeah automation is a pain which is a huge part

also for reaper you can download a sequencer for it if you like you will have to google it or ask sleeps i know there are some out there

i rely on my sequencer so much i never use drum loops and hardly any audio clips

i just use midi and sequencer sometimes i’ll use audio clips for fx

1 BigUp

Yeah I’m sure there’s loads of extensions to do that kind of thing for reaper. I’m using furnace as my sequencer rn lol

Really? I find reapers automation lanes to be really twitchy. Perhaps youve got a good solution. Will DM you in a bit…

No good asking me, I almost exclusively use audio clips :lol_og: wen I do use midi I just use reapers stock sampler.

1 BigUp

Redrum all the way. I use it for chords and stuff too sometimes, or just as a virtual CV/gate trigger seq for other synths.

With that said, I’ve started using the main sequencer more for audio too, lately. Mostly resampled stuff, like long held MIDI notes that won’t trigger if I’m listening back from a position further ahead of where they are triggered. Or just one-shot things.

Just get Renoise bro, haha.

Got 4 subs waaay before deadline and 2 a couple days prior B2B more to come
189 posts in the thread.

I’d say this is the most successful comp yet in terms of engagement.

7 Likes

Sends off of sends off of sends. I have one path doing 6 wet post sends that fork off or feed back into the source. Gain fluctuation is noticeable in a bad way unless it’s just so.

1 BigUp

I want to do a bit more work on mine after I put my son to bed tonight, will I still be good to submit before midnight California time?

2 Likes

I’m gonna just bounce what I’ve gotten I’m not super happy with it

2 Likes

Yep no sweat

1 BigUp

sent mine in this morning! what a fun comp I am soooo looking forward to hearing everybodys tunes

3 Likes

Lol I’m enjoying my workflow atm. I like furnace a lot. I looked into renoise a little bit and saw some stuff that I’m not a huge fan of
(Could be wrong, but it seems like it’s not being updated frequently, and I saw some stuff about them changing effect codes, which I really don’t like)

Your loss, I guess. It’s a great piece of software. Super nice to use for chopping breaks and samples in general, and so much more functionality than any other tracker on the market.

So I’ve bounced my track now. I don’t feel like it’s polished enough, but I want to deliver something for a compo again, too long since last time. I’ll send it over soon.

1 BigUp

I haven’t been able.to.get on the PC tonight I can send it but it’ll be tomorrow. Might have to miss this one if not

It’s no problem it’s my fault for not just doing it this morning

1 BigUp