DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

But I heard reverb messes with your phase?

2 Likes

So does EQ apparently

You big wussy :badteeth:

1 BigUp

Iā€™m gonna have to crunch on my song this weekend. Just had an idea tho kinda

FIIIINally done.
Just need to render it out once I give it a final listen after work.

1 BigUp

What time is the deadline? Midnight UK? Whatā€™s that translate to freedom hours westcoast blazezones? Trying to wrap up one more tonight and then I need to decide which to submit

1 BigUp

Had planned to work more on mine yesterday, but my internet was down basically all day, and Reason has ditched offline verification because ??? FUCK YOU REASON STUDIOS YOU FUCKING MONGS WHY ??? so couldnā€™t do that. Need to pay for an upgrade ??? WHY ??? to be able to use my legit bought software, that Iā€™ve spent hundreds of ā‚¬ on, offline. Nice business practice fucking over your entire loyal userbase, FUCKTARDS.

But ye, will see how far I get during the day tomorrow, Iā€™ll deliver it unfinished otherwise.

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

3 Likes

Submit by the end of Sunday in whatever timezone youā€™re in

1 BigUp

send that shit to me ill master it for you ill put 10 ott on the master it will sound sick as fuck

1 BigUp

No use mastering one and a half mins, but thanks.

2 Likes

we got an hour man till sunday just to let you know in uk time

Iā€™ve been hyperfixated on stonks and havenā€™t touched my song lol.

Gotta try and focus on it a little

1 BigUp

End of Sunday bro.

what does this mean?

I so far only have one and a half minutes, almost, worth of song.

oh shit sorry i thought you thought you had 1 and half minuites till sunday

what sort of DAW needs an internet connection just to start up? that sucks

3 Likes

I set up all my final buses and sends and shit a couple days ago and donā€™t want to open it ever again lol. But itā€™ll be in by end of tmrw.

Some quick reflections:

Iā€™m finally overcoming my allergy to straight 4 on the floor again. This helped.

Also an interesting sort of contrast to the sound I normally gravitate to making, which is busier and more dancehall driven beat stuff.

Learned some new stuff, occupied a different production headspace, reflected a lot.

Big up @sleeps as always. :saluting_face:

5 Likes

Previously, Reason used a hardware lock USB thing, so you could install the software on multiple machines. There was no upper limit on how many, you just had to plug in that hardware lock.

The reason for them dropping that system is because itā€™s kind of archaic, but not providing another solution to users on older versions, thus basically forcing people to upgrade, is such an insane dick move. The newest version doesnā€™t add a whole lot of improvements either. From what Iā€™ve read so far, theyā€™ve somehow actually managed to make the browser worse than before.

1 BigUp

well Iā€™ve just started making something, and I already know that what I want to make, is gonna take so. fucking. long. with my established way of doing stuff in FL studio, FMLā€¦