DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

okay daddy

1 BigUp

Im gonna start on this tonight, ref tracks are so varied but def highlights how important the vibe is

1 BigUp

Good boy

Euclidean sequencer + multitap delay = :smashedlol:

1 BigUp

Which one?

I might have one of those, but Iā€™m not sure. If I did it would probably be some Max4Live thing.

I have other aleatoric instruments though.

Iā€™m using the Euclidean patch in Drambo but I imagine it would yield similar results regardless of platformā€¦

Fucking love Drambo tho. Roll-your-own anything.

Also think this one is a particularly good challenge for learning to fill out the mix with no compression. Changes the way you think about overall balance, esp everything north of 1khz.

Sorry already got a compressor squashing my kick and sub and texture

Yea I already used a bunch of compression are u not supposed to or something?

Anything goes.
The only strict rule is you can only use the samples provided. No synths, no drum machines.

1 BigUp

Yea I got that down haha

1 BigUp

Compress away mon frere!

Boop boop finally finished a dsf comp ! Big up sleeps for the samples they were lit !

5 Likes

Gonna be a lively one, lots of entries looks like!

Re: compression - didnā€™t say it wasnā€™t allowed, just that this one in particular lends itself to hands on learning about filling up a mix without just using compressors to squash nā€™ smear it all together, thatā€™s all.

Like if you listen to the Basic Channel mixes Iā€™m sure there might be a compressor somewhere in the signal chain but itā€™s not getting brickedā€¦ itā€™s barely there if anything. Light touch on most things is best for this sound imho.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just fucking with you bb

1 BigUp

@_ronzlo banning compression seems unfair uwu

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve been without internet since last Saturday, due to something getting fucked during the thunder storms we had then. Just got it back on Thursday evening I think. So ehā€¦ how about that pack? Canā€™t get the link in 1st post to work.

2 Likes

do you still need the pack i can upload it to wetransfer and send you a link?

Ye, thatā€™d be cool, thanks.

1 BigUp

im uploading it now in a zip ill DM you

Iā€™ve been told off many times for using wetransfer coz the dl link expires. The bublup link should not expire. Odd.

Did you get the link from Sac?