DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

Some nice cross rhythms throughout that :gunfinger:

try not to analyze it lol, it will only lead you to ruin like the junk genre of ā€œdub technoā€

1 BigUp

Iā€™ve been really bad about this lately. Itā€™s ruining me ngl.

The thing that really got me was the first chord stab riff is almost the standard bell pattern, but is like 3 beats short and my brain kept trying to hear it that way, and I shouldā€™ve just let it tbh

virtuousic minimalism seems very approachable at first gander because the elements of it are quite exposed. Very easy to fall into that trap, especially if youre trying to chase it

trying to analyze why something works (or doesnt) often times means youre not listening anymore and stuck in a circuitous inner dialogue (at least for me). That inner conversation can actually be quite rewarding once in a while as long as itā€™s being noticed as it happens. Sort of a fundimental aspect to any sort of meditation is the noticing and observation of the mind, and then return to the current experience without force

5 Likes

I havenā€™t started yet but hereā€™s some more inspiration :smiley:

3 Likes

I canā€™t decide whether or not my song is utter ass

Uncertainty principle.

If you think it is, it isnā€™t. If you think it isnā€™t, it is.

Nope I made an actual turd

If I had made a song I would have this dilemma. But Iā€™ve not managed to made much of anything

:lebebe:

1 BigUp

Gonna put in some effort on this later today. Tryna figure out how to get a looping/evolving texture bed that can last for 7 minutes without being boring.

Edit:
If i donā€™t fall asleep that is. crossover from f*cked thread; Iā€™ve slept probably 2-3 hours in total last night.

1 BigUp

Man im really struggling with this one.

Fuck yeah we balling.
Got something going.

That noise floor sound was a tricky one to fit in but I got it now.

1 BigUp

Worrying about whether the stuff oneself makes is good or bad is the highest form of self-indulgence and buffoonery

2 Likes

Yeah but when you make something that sounds like elephant farts I think itā€™s fair to say itā€™s bad

im pretty intrigued to hear what you have made so far haha

Iā€™m not trying attach any sort of moral judgement on it, Iā€™m just saying, itā€™s easy fall into the abyss of it

It sounds a bit like this

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been sitting on the edge of the abyss with my toes dipped in for awhile

this pack makes me wanna have a crack at it. but tbh idk if its gonna sound right. this is probs one of the most difficult ones so far imo just becuase of how good the ref tracks are.

1 BigUp

Just do it man, itā€™s all for fun

2 Likes