DUB TECHNO - A DSF Production Competition

Probably would need a 4 week lead in to learn how to use trackers first :laughing:

Definitely worth checking out imo, especially if youā€™re interested in chip tune kind of stuff. Iā€™ve been wanting to make some video gamey music for awhile now, so I definitely need to mess around with the different chips and synths.

It wasnā€™t nearly as complicated as I thought itā€™d be, and super customizable (I changed all the key binds to be like emacs, so I can zoom around the window lol). Furnace comes with loads of demo projects too. I just loaded up a few of those and took a look around to see what people do. Iā€™m no expert obviously, but Iā€™m enjoying it way more than using a daw lol.

For me and ronzloā€™s tune battle, I made the track in furnace, then exported the individual channels and loaded them into reaper to mix and add effects

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always enjoyed watching videos of ppl using trackers to make jungle, but never really had the urge to try one out. Iā€™m pretty shit at using a standard daw so I think trackers a little above my skillset :rofl::rofl:

Yeah itā€™s such a vibe lol.

1 BigUp

this seems like a nightmare to me

Iā€™m assuming you mean Sunday the 23rd, or is it due on the 21st? Not being an asshole, just double checking lol

My bad Sunday 23rd is deadline.

2 Likes

Guess I should start finishing up lol.

:peel:

2 Likes

Holy shit my mix is so quiet. I have to turn my car stereo all the way up to hear it lol.

1 BigUp

I bet itā€™s a sick dub of 4:33

3 Likes

Does anyone do field recording dubs ? Lol

1 BigUp

can we use this in the dub techno track?

The sample compos are restricted to the samples provided only.

2 Likes

Finally got started with this, spent a fair amount of hours on this today, making perc sounds and a chord synth out of the samples. Got a solid intro and main rhythm figured out. Itā€™s been so long since I had the mental energy to sit down and make something properly. All of my old projects and samples are still on the drives in the old PC, havenā€™t gotten to copying everything over yet. Need to get some SATA docking station, probably.

4 Likes

havenā€™t started yet, I usually knock these entries out in 2 hours or so but not sure how well thatā€™ll work for this one :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Yea Iā€™ve spent ages on mine and it still sounds like shit. Itā€™s been fun tho cos i wouldnā€™t normally work like this on a track

3 Likes

Haha same. Way out the comfort zone.

1 BigUp

for the submissions have you tried using audius @sleeps its better than soundcloud and plays the original file without cutting/compressing the highs above 16k no normalisation

just discovered it today so if anyone has anymore experience with it.

also its free to upload dont think theres any limit

2 Likes

Nice one! Will check this out after work

1 BigUp

tornado by King Con ā€¢ Audius im just testing this out im going to sign out and see if i can still play it

cant figure out how to embed on here doesnt seem to work and site is quite slow shame cos audio quality is exactly the same as your exported file

1 BigUp