Dubstep albums

What creamlord said really, but I’m not an album person tbh, I like individual songs/tracks, albums always contain songs that I don’t like/feel/appreciate, probably more so with electronic/dance music. Albums in general feel like some old establishment way of doing things, but not in a good way…hard to explain but that’s what I feel lol

1 BigUp

I always see albums as a bigger song made out of songs- good albums anyway. It can explore more of the concept the artist is trying to share than a solo song. And yep there are so many albums where a track can need skipping, but also the really good ones stand the time as their own piece.

3 Likes

Biggups on the suggestions fellas. Loaded them all into my playlist and will be listening to over the next week

1 BigUp

Oof how’d we forget these?!

4 Likes

Yeeess. Put them in my Discogs want list last week.

1 BigUp

I need to buy them too!

oh wow, its not just crypto that tanked, had these in my sights for the longest time and all the copies were super expensive a couple years ago when the dubstep discogs sharking was at its peak

4 Likes

Geeetttt ittt

would buy but all my disposable income is going into buying the dip rn :joy:

i trust more into dubstep discogs sharking to keep on being less of a thing as time goes on than on BTC not going back up tbh

already gutted enough that i bought a bunch of dmz at the peak all this for mala to pull the carpet from under my feet and release it all in digi, that snake

1 BigUp

But the vinyl is going to only appreciate in value no?

Anyone know if the Grime 1 & 2 albums are available as digi?
Kode9 has his tracks on his BC I see

CD is digi so yes it is

2 Likes

well if the past few years are anything to go by dubstep’s depreciating? and i bet on inflation in the next years hitting ex-dubstep dj’s who didnt learn to code and then its game on :twisted:

you want to heat your home this winter? i want your copy of BH 0.5

2 Likes

Didn’t discogs do a thing where u could see average sell price over time? Predict those dubplate markets yeh.
Haven’t bought stuff on there for ages but I know they used to have good stats.

you have average/median/highest/lowest for all times

but if you want to see the details of each sales to see trends over time it only goes back 1 year iirc

Ive got a stupid mac so i dont have a cd drive

I don’t intend on selling any records, even ones I’ll probably never play again, mainly because it’s not even worth the effort unless someone wants to buy the whole lot in one go, but I never buy any records thinking about how much I might be able to sell them for in the future anyway, once I own it it’s mine, which is a good thing because these days juan forte releases go for more money than dmz, blasphemy of the highest order but times change

U can probably buy a cd drive for less money than an actual cd these days lol

1 BigUp

Buying second hand CDs is pretty based tho. Got a horsepower album for £3 the other week.

6 Likes

edit

1 BigUp

Untrue by Burial!