Dubtopia Records / phrex

i’ve uploaded a 3 tracker to bandcamp.

i’ve also added few records. small amount of nile-01, dbt001 & dbt002.
take care and stay safe!

2 Likes

something a little different from me. not less bassweighty tho.

A subconscious field recording of neurotransmitters. A microtonal trip advisor meant for offensive meditation.

cassette & digital.

colundi everyOne

1 BigUp

here we go with the latest release. a bit different. heavy reference to pop aesthetic from the 90s to today with a bassheavy mindset. spot the pied piper reference :slight_smile:

enjoy with a good dose of sunshine

3 Likes

These are cool phrex !

1 BigUp

easy family.
preorders are up for a dubwise 7" thing… soundsystem music all the way!

snippets

bandcamp preorder
www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/152256-
www.juno.co.uk/products/phrex-lcp-infinity-dub/894417-01/

1 BigUp

easy all. almost a lost dub.
this tune ha been built around 8yrs ago. i received the stems with lee perry recordings and i was free to mess with it.
i came up with a bassheavy 130 roller.

Bandcamp:

available on many digital platforms:

1 BigUp

easy all. gonna use this thread coz apparently there isn’t any event-topic anymore?

although i haven’t been as active on here in the last couple of years i thought i should drop this info:
playing in london on the 4th of february and it would be so nice to see some ninjas and maybe meet some new ones? :slight_smile:
i’d be delighted!

4 Likes

this Aitch? seems like an odd combo if so :mrgreen:

haha… nope. not this aitch :slight_smile:
this one: Live at A.R.X. | Cortex Of Light | A.R.X.

Ahh ffs, this is such a good line up and ormside is one of my favourite venues - but I got work on the 5th and I can’t book it off (already tried it for something else). Might have to try and get someone to cover me though so I can roll through because I ain’t been ormside in ages

1 BigUp

yo. i’d be delighted. send a message for guestlist. would be lovely to seeya.
xx

okay. here we go with the third installment of dubtopia records. this time it’s a whitelabel due to uncleared sample:

DBTBLANK001

landing automn/winter 2023
12“ & Digital

A: Colliding Fields - Love
AA: phrex - Melodies of War

snippets on IG

it‘s a love story.
Colliding fields - Love is an emotionally unstable sonic lovestory based on the seminal tune by art of noise back in 1986. Artfully rethought and with an explorative mindset this edit runs deep.

flipside is a swung out & fuzzy dubstep mover built by @phrexbass . Heavy on the lowend with occasional bursts of uplifting dubwiseness.

///

First heard „Love“ during a live performance of Colliding Fields back in 2020 and I immediatly knew this needs to be released. The crowd was mesmerized by its prickly beauty.

both tunes have been rinsed as a dubplate many times during dubtopia. now ready to be unleashed.

///

mastered & cut by transitionmastering
distributed by whitepeachrecords
artwork by nacht_zum_tag

3 Likes

easy all…
preorder’s out now!

get it <3