Eva 808 appreciation

Ok so it’s… underwhelming tbh.
If you’re expecting Pink Uzi Gang or Prr then this ain’t for you.

There’s some wonderful textures and sound design on it. Production is thicc and warm. And some lovely synths . There’s a definite trap influence which is a bit of a turn off for me.
Also a lot of the tunes start, roll out for a bit with not much changing, and then they stop.
Overall I just found it kind of boring.

Big disappointment.
Maybe it’s a grower but can’t see myself having another listen

I’m always put off listening to an album if it has loads of songs or is really long, unless it’s by an artists who’s proven themselves before to be capable of making really good albums. I’ll get round to it at some point I reckon, but I remember not being overly amazed by the album sampler. Guess we’ll see

1 BigUp

Definitely gonna cop a few bits, but yeah, this isn’t really it for me, i liked her singles/EPs better, think that format suits her music more.

2 Likes

Yeah I copped the vinyl, but it just reminded me i’m not really an album person lol

It’s 3x12"s right? Was really expensive when I looked so I didn’t cop because if I weren’t into it, it would be such a waste

My logic was it’s Eva808 on innamind, no brainer instacop lol

1 BigUp

albums really sick.

side note , was hoping atleast the instru version of this would be on

I dig it so far, as @sleeps said it has lots of nice textures and soundscapes. Copped the vinyl too, several tracks that might fit in a more eclectic mix.

The trap style 808 subs does not bother me.

This one caught my attention especially, that chiptuney lead and verby perc sounds dope.

1 BigUp

I actually really enjoyed this, much more than I was expecting

yea, not DJ friendly either as the whole album is on those 3 plates.

1 BigUp

I just discovered this! Its a 2014 release lol. Its brilliant, I really love ‘Childhood’

3 Likes

pre orders up

Her last album was a bit shit, but am digging these a LOT.

That horn/tuba in the first one :heart_eyes:

Second one is trap Zimmer does a James Bond theme and I fucking love it

1 BigUp

Spice girl remix… please kill me right now! I dont wanted to remember this musical monstruosity from the 90s

Fucking hell that’s awful.

1 BigUp