FREE STUFF (ᴘʟᴜɢ-ɪɴs, sᴀᴍᴘʟᴇs, ᴇᴛᴄ.)

I’m just saying use your ears. This is music. Listen.

1 BigUp

Don’t look. Listen.

2 Likes

The sound of a kick comes from its pitch change. It won’t play nicely with a tuner. Tune em by ear much easier

1 BigUp

Someone mentioned sky burials in another thread and I went on a sample hunt and found some nice textures in this

1 BigUp

Real good website for natural text to speech, my favorite is George : P
http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/

1 BigUp

https://cdm.link/2019/08/reverb-free-drum-machine-downloads/

:surprised:

Ah, a sign up deal.

It’s like 1.4 GB of drum machine chit. I feel like I have many of these but it sounds like there is some obscure stuff in here.

I downloaded without signing up.

Y’all know about this list?
https://blog.landr.com/best-free-vst-plugins/

Obv some aren’t great but a lot of solid stuff, probably some have been posted but didn’t look like a lot were. Definitely recommend checking out the MeldaProduction free bundle (the plugins are on this list too,) all those are really nice. But yeah check these before you spend money on stuff if you don’t need to, it’s sorted by type

3 Likes

ok so I wen’t through this list and all of the following get my seal of approval, though some of these are more for metal and rock than electronic music:

Ample Sound Ample Bass P LITE II - Really solid virtual bass, pretty realistic sounding, really good for hip hop

TAL NoiseMaker - A decent soft synth that lets you do a lot with the basic waveforms, I dont use it that much because I use either Serum or the Ableton stock synths but it’s a very good option if you can’t afford some of the more popular soft synths

Wavosaur VST Speek - It’s just a speak and spell, it does one thing but it does it right

Audio Damage Rough Rider 2 - Great compressor, has a nice warmth to it

iZotope Vinyl - I fucking love this VST, great for making things sound like they’ve been sampled off an old record and giving them that lo-fi dusty feel

Melda MConvolutionEZ - Easy to use convolution reverb, this is particularly good for those dubby spring reverb sounds

TAL Reverb 2 - Simple to use, clean sounding reverb

Valhalla FreqEcho - This is great, the combination of delay and freq shifting can really twist sounds up in unexpected ways, I use this a lot for sound design when trying to create weird fx more than I use it as a delay

Mercuriall Chorus WS-1 - Very solid chorus, doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as other choruses but it’s designed like a stompbox so it’s super easy to use

MT Power Drumkit 2 - Surprisingly good for a free plugin, obviously not as many features or different kits as EZDrummer or Addictive Drums but it is free

Steven Slate Drums SSD5 Free - Everything I said about the last one, but x100, REALLY good for a free plugin, the toms are especially sick

Both of these are really good for making your own breakbeats, just program a loop and do some processing then resample it for later use

Ignite Amps Emissary - This is one of the best free guitar amp sims, you can get some crushing tones when paired with an overdrive/tubescreamer emulator and good cab impulse response

Ignite Amps NadIR - And this is what you use to load those impulse responses

Ignite Amps SHB-1 - This is a really good bass amp sim, you can also use this on synth basses to get some really interesting saturation, I’ve used this to drive the fuck out of a sine wave before and it sounded gnarly

LePou Amp Suite - Basically the same as I said for the Ignite Emissary, but this has a few different amp models included, the Marshall style one is particularly good

Mercuriall Greed Smasher - Great overdrive emulator, pairs well with either the Emissary or any of the LePou amp sims, can also be used to saturate synth sounds

Mercuriall Tubes Creamer 808 - Similar to the Greed Smasher but is modelled after the classic Tubescreamer pedal

5 Likes

Both of these worth their weight in gold

3 Likes

I also dig the Acon Multiply for a simple chorus, I was tired of the Ableton stock one. I use the Blue Cat ones too sometimes. And I like the Ignite Amps PT-EQx for a basic Pultec deal which works and is free (maybe not as quality compared to UAD or something ofc) and the TDR SlickEQ and Nova have already been mentioned I think but solid. But yeah, what Jim said :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

P. fucking S. forgot to mention but please go grab the Ozone Imager for anyone who doesn’t have it already. It’s not multiband like the actual full Ozone Imager plugin but it’s free and still very useful

Just copped ozone 8 for doing quick homemasters when sending dubs to people, it’s fucking sick, the reference track matching is so dope

1 BigUp

Yeah full on Ozone is sick only reason I haven’t bought it is cause I got the bundle of all of Fabfilter’s fx and now I’m just kind of used to building a mastering chain with that so it feels a bit too redundant to justify the price. But yeah definitely worth the money if you need what it does

on topic: iZotope gives out a free version of the Ozone Imager and their Vocal Doubler plugin so snag those if you don’t have Ozone or Nektar for real

Been wanting something like this for aaaages. Thanks for the heads up!!

Got that for a track I’m working on that has some Mala-Changes style vox

Grabbed this. I use the Bluecat FreqAnalyst 2 sometimes.
I try not to use spectral analysers when I’m creating a track because I want to rely on my hearing. But they are useful just to give things a quick once over when you’re done.

Not a spectral analyzer tbf. Just for monitoring and increasing or decreasing stereo width and phase correlation. Not the same idea

Ah ok, thought it was a specanalyser