Gantz

yeah agreed

1 BigUp

He should just release Exile and You Wonā€™t Mind VIP and move on to something totally different imhoā€¦

I think heā€™s a leader in that way. Like a lot of people used to just get baiter and baiter, but heā€™s the antithesis of that. Heā€™ll be an underground legend by the time heā€™s dead probably.
Itā€™s great because from track to track you really can hear him pushing himself, his sound, and the sound, a little further.

7 Likes

maybe, but my personal focus as a punter is always on ā€˜clubā€™ music that has a beat and wont make everyone run out of the dance screaming. Fair doā€™s if heā€™s going down that ā€˜producer becomes bored and pushes the boundaries of the genreā€™ route, but i lose interest when there is no longer a decent beat/bassline tbh

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more

ye respect, like the opposite of the kahn - make constant bangers - route

1 BigUp

I think there is though. Itā€™s certainly a very complex beat, bassline, and general textural arrangement, but with tracks like that it doesnā€™t really make much sense to pick it apart so that when you think of something like ā€œbeatā€ you only consider the percussive drum sounds. Itā€™s not really a beat, itā€™s just a rhythmic arrangement made of various sounds. They arenā€™t all percussive, but various elements are contributing to the overall rhythm and groove of the track. Not just drum kits and dominant bass synths. Itā€™s a bigger picture kind of thing, imo.

Personally, when I go to a club I donā€™t mind, and often enjoy, those moments where I canā€™t physically take to the music, I can just listen and sit down/stand still. Sometimes you really just have to feel it through.

1 BigUp

i personally didnt like it. the beginning was to repetitive for me and didnt seemed sync as it shouldā€¦ or it didnt completely get me at the feels, felt out of placee//. BUT i really do enjoy Gantz as an artistā€¦ i have mixed a few of his tracks =]. does he have anything related to the Anime? i got some sweet Techno Akiraā€¦ but man GANTZ in dub formedā€¦ DROOLSā€¦

This. He could make Spry Sinister style bangers all day but he really tries to push himself. I respect that a lot.
Never met someone that takes music so seriously and themselves so not seriously.

4 Likes

call me a pagan but iā€™m all about the bangers

8 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more! Iā€™ve the same feeling.

By the way currently there is this new trend in 140 music to do weird shit (Crucial, Encrypted, Blacklist etc.) But imo very often the tracks become so twisted or creepy it just seems forced and done just for the sake of sounding odd. They have no soul and as a result they are completely unpleasant to listen to.

Not about Gantz but I think itā€™s related so just my two centsā€¦

6 Likes

Eh I think everyone is hopping on the Gantz sound bandwagon

More free weirdness from the man:

Raiden Suit

Bloom

1 BigUp

Wonder if the recent exodus of Turkish artists emigrating elsewhere includes manā€¦

:hmm:

yaaaaaasssss :hooray:

Amen!!

1 BigUp

You just canā€™t say you like a personā€™s music without being called a bandwagoner these days. Apparently, if you say you donā€™t like it, youā€™re on the same bandwagon.

1 BigUp

fairly sure he meant it as a response to the previous post about the new trend in dubstep of making increasingly weird stuff

My bad.

i can hear a 2 step influence in Bloom
but itā€™s hardly dubstep imo

& I like wierd & wonderful (progressive?)
and beatless if beatific

but Iā€™m with swurfer
dubstep is preferable with a danceable beat
and further,
itā€™s not actual dubstep if it doesnā€™t stimulate movement
even if itā€™s internalized.
I never did come at this ambient dubstep descriptor
jeez; nod, skip, swing, step, skank, headbang, whatever
is an essential response to dubstep.

or maybe Iā€™m referring to good dubstep.