Gan'Zhi - Flex! [Dubstep/2009 era] - Looking for Feedback

Gan’Zhi - Flex! [Dubstep/2009 era]

Yo! I haven’t posted on here in a while, my old setup died, and it’s took me a good 9 months to get back into the swing of things (All Vst’s back, get ideas spawning, refreshing old knowledge)

I’ve been making new ideas but this is a project from my old hard drive I managed to save! It’s a sort of Coki/Early Datsik-esque mix IMO. I self mixed and mastered this, so I’m looking for feedback on the; Overall sound/vibe, Mixdown, Mastering. And just what you think in general? I always check out people who contact me too whether that’s by commenting on this, or following me on soundclound, the scene works through networking! SO let’s go, share your tunes too, I’d be happy to give feedback also :slight_smile:

Yeah, it has a nice old-school feeling!
Mix-down sounds good but in my opinion the synth-bass is a bit too dominant compared to the other elements.
Snare gets lost sometimes, could be a bit louder and/or sharper.
Maybe a additional low-freq’d sub could be added to give it mor depth?
Cheers!

listening to this on my phone, the wobs are decent, but the track seems to be struggling a bit from the very stiff and plastic-ky sounding drums (although the latter might just be my personal dislike of this kind of hits.

Try adding some swing & roll into the drums, it will make it a lot better

Turn down midrange slightly or notch on the eq around the high mid range so ur drums poke through a bit more.

And yea I’m not a huge fan of the snare it’s a bit bloated sounding but then again I don’t like these snares really. I think it would sound better with like a break beat snare over the top and the original turned down a bit

Overall I like it though especially when u automated the bass to like fade into the back ground with its reverb