Gear Lust Part 7

Well, I was almost right. Too bad it’s paraphonic instead of the full 4 voice poly minimoog. Basically Behringer’s take on the Moog Matriarch. Still pretty cool tho

1 BigUp

If it is just paraphonic, I will probably pass. I think the Bro-1 is paraphonic. I have that on pre-order.

V nice sounds, I watched the whole video because I was enjoying it lol

it’s funny that behringer has turned into this quite decent budget synth maker, when I was more actively into guitars as a teen they made really really shitty instruments and amps that were only sold on Thomann. it was kind of a store brand for them. I’ve had one behringer electric guitar and it’s a complete piece of shit. also it cost like 100 euros.

2 Likes

Best believe I’m ripping that 3 note riff at 15.30!!

Playing chords on a Boog would sound nice! You can do a lot with four notes.

Yeah I remember those days, pleasantly surprised! Budget stuff in general has massively improved in quality in the last 20 years, fuck they actually made something I want to buy lmao could never have imagined it.

Guitars have got better cheaper without reductions in quality too, lots of lower-mid price stuff sounds wicked. Really want a Faith, some are made in Indonesia, not just the UK but it’s fucking handmade and sounds wicked so idgaf naa meen!

1 BigUp

depending on what 3 notes you mean, its the black sabbath riff

Is it?
This one? I think it’s a A# / E / C

yeah I was thinking this recently too, Behringer used to be synonymous with poor quality, noisy shite not so long ago

It’s not like their stuff is that great now though. I played on a few of their knock offs.
That Deepmind is fantastic for the price though. Maybe this Para D will be too.

I compare them to the Roland Aira line. Solid stuff but I prefer to save up an extra three months for something else. I have very limited space though. That might play a part.

1 BigUp

I haven’t tried any of their synths but bear in mind that their products were utter shite that were widely considered complete waste of money with no resale value whatsoever. if they have now managed to build at least working examples of synthesizers that sound alright, they have already more than exceeded themselves, even if it doesn’t cater to your professional hifi niche standards.

I agree they make some decent stuff now (or actually since they’ve acquired Midas and Klark). The X32 and M32 are widely accepted mixers for live use for example and again,
that Deepmind is pretty sock.

I think all of these new synths are made in Music Tribe City, a village they built in China.

1 BigUp

I have no idea what any of that means but you seem like you know what you’re talking about

Yeah I thought I was widely acknowledged as the expert on this forum.

1 BigUp

I have had the Model D for a year and half now and it sounds great and is going strong. It doesn’t feel flimsy at all.

It sounds like a Moog. I have another Moog to compare it to.

2 Likes

Don’t have one myself, but I’ve been nothing but impressed with their synth offerings. I was super skeptical when I saw them announce the Boog, but every example of it I’ve heard has been spot on. Sounds very much like the real thing. I think their Ms20 clone is closer to the original than the modern korg offerings from the demos I’ve heard.

2 Likes

I wound up getting the K2 and Neutron during a sale. They are both capable of great bass on their own, but together they can be really mean.

Super basic drums and support from the Analog 4

4 Likes

@_ronzlo as well

Came across this Lille clip from that first time we met up at Sean’s :slight_smile: need to get another session in again soon

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNk7114Dt2X/?igshid=1jah78m2hidl6

4 Likes

helllllllll to the yeaaaaah

1 BigUp