Glassy/Weightless Grime

yo

discovered this thread via a google alert, humbling to see some of you following the label so closely. just to clear up a little of the speculation, there’s no sharp veins album on local action. sv and glacial are both family tho. the album i tweeted about isnt even a grime record.

re: yama, his next release will be on la. him and mitch have made some tunes tho.

re: people staying away from MCs, i’ve got vocal collabs by shriekin, inkke, fallow, q, finn, jabba and more in my itunes atm, so i don’t know if that’s true. just about finding the right time/way to release them. there’s a ton of great MCs around at the mo.

re: bristol show/boiler room, we’re obviously not gonna play ambient records all night in the club. unless it’s a special like that boiler room, or new atlantis (deadboy’s new ambient night), it’ll be music made for the club. check the radar shows for an idea.

oh, and last thing - we do FWD, next Thursday - July 30

Kuedo
Deadboy
Finn
Me

maybe see some of you there.

x

4 Likes

Nice to see you in the forum mate. I can already tell the rest of the year’s gonna be strong for Local Action.

Tune by a mate of mine that fits in this thread. Not spamming. I genuinely enjoy his tunes

https://soundcloud.com/glot92/glot-orichalcum-throne-v2

some glot in ere already wolf, he’s peng yeah

hi tom big up and big up for joining the discussion, fwd night looks big

fuck yeh that one i was after is on the b side brap brap

Wen now has a Rinse FM show every 4th Thursday each month, 1am to 3am GMT. He’ll start off tomorrow with Parris. :corndance:

Dublin Boiler Room debut w/ Glacial Sound and friends now up on youtube :gun:

1 BigUp

by iglew apparently

what classic grime tunes influenced or laid the foundation for glassy grime?

just guessing here but maybe these?

I don’t think that’s how it went in that I think it had more to do with people seeing more to grime than eski blips and detuned square synths, and trilly percussion. It’s like, and brace for cringe, “post dubstep” is to, y’know, dubstep.
Imo.

im there

1 BigUp

Finn’s one of the baddest selectors around atm, have a good 1

any linx to mixes? or a one you’d recommend

The devils mixes, definitely.

Latest Boxed show is bludclart fire

That Samename - Skin tune >>>

this tune is still the best nu eski beat tune ever imo

for the most part i’ve noticed very few people mention zomby in interviews as an influence, i don’t quite understand why, do people not know this stuff cos he was such a penis about releasing it or are people a bit self conscious that they probably can’t top it even though it came out time ago

i like this stuff a lot it just does seem very indebted to zomby

3 Likes

yeah, that new Acre / Filter Dread plate is as close to a Zomby beat as you can get without being Zomby. (still a decent release)

I just wish more of these producers had some rhythm in their legs; would make for less boring releases.

yeah, i hope it doesn’t sound like i woke up wishing to shit all over my own thread today but yeah people’s drums are pretty shit in this scene, guess it’s been led by synths but dark0, mr mitch beats could be so rude with proper drums on rather than 1 kick every bar and a clap every 2 bars to be abstract and devils mixy

Mate listen to the first hr of that latest Boxed show i linked there’s power drums & mixing all over the place

2 Likes