Glassy/Weightless Grime

Good stuff but the snare’s a tad too aggressive and bright imo. makes me wink.

That wifey bit more so, imo.

New swindle is hard

1 BigUp

Yeah I went to this, If you see a guy in a Subloaded white T, thats me haha.

I missed Forever Forever but I caught some of Silk road , they have some tunes but they are fairly Anti-dance tunes haha. Strictly warm up vibes or chin stroking.

Letta was fun tho mixing was abit all over the place, some prime “CDJS make cool sounds when wheeled into another tune” escapes
Last japan was again decent, wasnt a huge fan of the relentless MCing but thats more of a personal thing.
Left after his set cos it was fucking roooaaassting inside.

More ontopic LOOM was chatting to me last night and he has a bunch of stuff fourthcoming including an LP, when I get home ill link the mixes there in.
Edit: oh wait ones in that gobstopper mix a few posts up

Finally sorted having Iglew is coming down for one of our nights (in November), looking forward to that as he has some sick dubs and yeah rate his sets from what ive caught at Boxed.

1 BigUp

Heres the other while i remember

Might reach Boxed x Local Action 2nide

But weighing up sacking it off & going to Astral Black in Dalston, free entry & Jon Phonics, Trellion, Lee Scott, Morriachi, Ddrae Da Skimask - reckon will be way better vibes too

Boxed x Local Action was amazing, so much energy. Shame about the speaker problems on Rabit’s set but apart from that I think it was the best thing I’ve been to all year.

https://soundcloud.com/oiiemma/emma-x-fabric-keysound-rinse-takeover-may-2014

big up emma

1 BigUp

This has some tunes!

Also must have fucked up my settings as I didnt see this get bumped :frowning:

Marathoned the boxed part 2 BR. Mr Mitch and Loom had some tunes, Spooky had some mad mixes, Finn was good, Logos had some bangers + Grump and some of Trends stuff rides prelly close to the Bro wind but some of it is hard.

Didnt look as hype as the first one though.

safe lads just a quick update looks like we’re all into trance now, dont get caught slippin if anyone asks

tbh kinda makes sense for those big synth lines to go that way, and some of these synths do sound better than people’s shit reason preset squares

oh yeah check rabit’s guest mix on precious metals show on nts, was doing that one last night

pretty fucking cool- really aggressive af but he was teasing little bits of other tunes and mashing the fader round so it was actually a really interesting set, a lot of these weird/noise grime sets people just seem to give up on mixing so it’s not a very good live experience but this felt different

Ziro’s got a new EP coming out on Crazylegs with a vocal track with Riko Dan. Stomper.

http://store.wearecrazylegs.com/album/lionheart-ep-legs011

tbh I’m surprised it took this long, given that certain “cloud rap” producers affiliated with or a part of
the uk scene have been flirting with trance a long ting (evian christ, yung gud…)

also a mate told me like ages ago that if only someone could combine euphoric trance synths and grime it coudl be a big ting. I instantly opened ableton and started working on this track wish I had finished it lol

Tbh, some of the tunes atm are going alittle to much on the big trance synth like vibe, Also dont really feel that aggressive rabit things, time & a place. production is sick still

I fux with that murlo tune. Reminds me of some Scruface & Stimpy beats from 06-07

This is a bigun, LP stream is inside. North Face, Ghosts and The recluse are stand outs atm

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2015/10/letta-interview

so joker years ago?

2 Likes

no not like that but like pulse X - influenced aggy grime stuff

the only bits joker has trance synth dont have any grime elements imo iirc

Swindle’s probably closest, tunes like Ignition/Purple City Remix have q trancey synths alongside grime stylings

What about the Rustie & Joker release too?