5 Likes

too loud and tinny imo

dbridge is worth studying fi dis

1 BigUp

boo

1 BigUp

outrageous!

fight me

I once remade Mala - Learn in 10mins and it was practically indistinguishable from the original but then I deleted it.

10 Likes

we could make some sick hihat packs both sample and real ones

I like Learn until the geezer with the recorder comes in lol

is it two different hi hats delayed to get that tap tap, then messing with the sync/feedback to get them to feel like they’re swinging out of time

ye its something like that, not sure but i think theres a phaser on one or both of them too

“I once remade skream - filth but I lost the project file”

• sonika

I once made sonika then lost him, he got out into the wild

Grown in fruityloops in a vat of lysergic

2 Likes

I love hihats but I always sort of struggled with them. Either not being satisfied with the sample and changing it 20 times over the course of making a tune, or finding a balance between them being too busy or too sparse. They can make or break a tune imo. I hate hihats.

I hated hihats too. Then I just said fuck it and made house music instead and now I just use 808/909s on everything

1 BigUp

Big fan of hi hats

I like listening to something and the song making me question wether the hi-hats were played by a drummer or not.

May not be to everyone’s taste but I think this is v well produced and the hats in this are godly (in my opinion.)

I like digital/drum machine hats a lot too… The Chord Marauders crew usually release stuff with v tight percussion/hats, particularly geode imo.

Some of my fav hats Geode has done

When I’m making something I usually like to have a closed hihat and open that are the same hat/from the same drum machine so they match, I then usually have like 5 different tracks in logic with differing volumes and the beginning of the hihat cut off at different lengths. Once I’ve got this I try and fashion them into something that sounds alright lol.

Probs my best example of hats below

https://soundcloud.com/harry-griffiths-11/march-01

2 Likes

hats are teh best thing

this one

arghhh, theyre alive

and ofc in hiphop, all about hat grooves

2 Likes

FaltyDL knows whas up

the world wasn’t ready

yeah man hes the first person i think of for sick percussion tbh