I don't know what is going wrong

@ronzlo_ I know… I always have problems with low-mids. What can I add to solve this issue? Thanks
@Onche_Robert I’ll do! I think that making silences and pauses is a great idea! Thanks! And about your english… I’m spanish, so I have the same problem xD

@fragments Actually I’m making the kind of music that I love, but yes, it isn’t special… Thanks!
@Volt_Punk A/B is to compare my track with another? I’ll do! About the originality, I would love make my own sounds, but I’m 17 and I haven’t studied anything about sound design, and I try but I don’t like at all what I get. Can you give me some help in this aspect? Here is something more ‘special’: Hybrid trap But I need to mix it better.

Thank you all for the replies :grin:
I love this forum,:ok_hand:
Kime

Haha we’re in the same struggle ! Don’t forget to post

Don’t forget to post what you changed, i’m interested *
sorry I can’t edit, my computer is fucked up :smiley:

Hahaha okay dude, thank you!
Good luck with your computer :fist::muscle:

1 BigUp

Click the right button to go to the thread.

Without trying to sound like I’m advocating that everyone go out and buy some outboard gear…but once I started working with hardware something about my mixes just worked better.

I’m entirely self-taught, no expert, but I have this feeling that when one gets something out of the box and create noise floor and harmonic distortion (a natural result of audio running through cables and devices) however subtle really glues everything together.

1 BigUp

^ There is much wisdom in what you say, sensei.

It’s true. I dunno if it’s the whole negative vs. positive gain floor or what, but OOTB (out of the box) should be required learning for all producers. Once you grasp it there then you can go back inside the box with a new, better understanding of it all.

It has been an experience and I do feel like dealing with MIDI and audio routing OOTB has been a huge learning experience that has carried over to DAW usage.

I will say one big thing I learned was to cut back on FX. I used to do all kinds of crazy EQ, filtering, drench things in modulation FX. Now I am super conservative with that stuff.

I think the thing is using hardware is you try to make shit sound good with what is in front of you. And you can’t keep opening a new instance of your Mopho Keyboard (or w/e).

Keep it simple stupid.

I’ve been testing A/B for 20 minutes and this is what I got. I don’t know if it sounds better than before or worse.
Test
@Onche_Robert @Volt_Punk

It does, but still sounds a bit empty imo ! You should add less important sounds to make it all alive

Another
I think I will forget this project and I’ll start a new one

I’ve never found adding sounds just to to “fill up space” an effective method. I would try running all my synths to a bus with a tape simulations/saturation plug in with “noise” option on it first.

Depends on what type of drop you try to make. And it depends on your tastes in music too, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

True. And I don’t really do music with “drops” so I suppose take my advice with a grain of salt?

Which plugin do you prefer for that?

U-he Satin

Thanks!
PD: What do you think about this? It’s full or something is lacking?
BRWAA
@ronzlo_ @Pokus

the more time you put into a creative endeavor, the closer you get to achieving your initial vision

@Kime_Music

Might be a little more full, but it’s still weighted towards the subs and highs [to my ears].

And the whole ‘filling up space’ thing as a remedy for mixes lacking frequency balance is super… well, won’t say wrong but it’s like saying, “Here, try this dish: it’s a little bland and salty? OK… let’s add a pound of sugar, a bottle of hot sauce, and a liberal helping of vinegar. Is it good now?”

A better approach might be to pull back on all the elements and gradually, judiciously increase the attention to detail (namely presence and balance) in the affected area.

Please note: this is advice from someone who still hates his goddamn mixdowns, so buyer beware.