▂ ▅ ▇ █ 爪ㄖㄖ卩 █ ▇ ▅ ▂

Riddim is cool depending on how crastive you can get with it, I like it as a way to transition between a High and Low energy point in a song or preformace

i’ve heard a group of cats tag teaming on a renegade stage at a small festival going in on 7 hours of their STL riddim and i wanted to blow my brains out about 10 minutes in of listening.

having a track or two with that bouncy tripplet thing is cool, but having a whole set, or 7 hour tag team set of it, was just overbearing.

most of these styled tracks follow a pretty strict formula, usually of a basic intro and a corny sample to usher in the riddim section.

it’s not a sustainable “genre” or subgenre or whatever moniker you want to classify stuff like that under.

1 BigUp

Promoters should fire people like that on the spot.

tbh I like riddim and I end up making it alot latley but I have a wierd taste in riddim like I only like the stuff Trollphace/Skrillex and Must Die! are making latley some one on here said it´s just the “new form of Brostep” (or something along those lines) and I have to say he is right by that like latley I see soooooo many artist making these 150bpm tunes which so cool with me like I do it too but I dont know like the “real” (if you can even say that" riddim guys are probalby pissed I dont know but yeah IMO it´s a cool genre and everyone who likes it should try it :slight_smile:

1 BigUp

just because

Loooooool, that’s fucking wank

Fits all the tropes.

Made me lol irl

this “Riddim” thing varies from artist to artist. I personally think “Riddim” is just a stage/phase in the upcoming changes in Dubstep. I think soon things will return to roots (in the next 5 years or so)

That definitely does not fall within the shithole thats being discussed in this thread

thats actually a good tune

try this wank on for size

I know, bipolar is a fucking skanker, a skanker with soul
I posted it to purify the thread

unrelated but why’d you delete everything from your soundcloud?

I just put everything on private lol

found the getter interview where he talks about “riddim”

HAHAHAHA the worst part about this is its 100% true. Most every popular U.S. DJ (Excision, Slushii, Borgore, Ext…) can’t move away from this style. Lost Lands festival this past year was a whole weekend dedicated to this shit!

big facts

1 BigUp

Maybe you mean popular in the US to kids this sort of stuff would be popular to, but Excision is Canadian and Borgore is Israeli.

Just sayin’

Me and my brother decided to follow those instructions to a T just for a laugh to see if it really is that easy to make riddim and yes, yes it is… Riddim really is utter shit isn’t it

1 BigUp

This is too good tbh haha.

Make it way more simple and make sure the midrange really fucks up ur ear drums

We should have a dsf riddim comp hahahaha

2 Likes